Interim report, May–October 2019/20
Good overall growth with fx and delayed installations affecting profitability
We delivered mixed outcomes in the second quarter. Order growth was very strong in emerging markets and North America. Some delayed installations hampered our revenue growth and profitability, although the largest negative impact on profitability came from exchange rate differences.
President and CEO
• Gross order intake amounted to SEK 4,036 M (3,670), corresponding to a 5 percent organic growth
• Net sales were SEK 3,709 M (3,330), corresponding to a 7 percent organic growth
• Gross margin amounted to 41.0 (41.4) percent
• EBITA decreased by 10 percent to SEK 539 M (601), corresponding to an EBITA margin of 14.5 percent (18.0)
• Earnings per share was SEK 0.58 (0.75) before/after dilution
• Cash flow after continuous investments was SEK 234 M (367)
• 6 Elekta Unity orders booked in the quarter.
Significant events after the quarter
• On November 15, Elekta published preliminary results for the second quarter and updated outlook of EBITA margin from around 19 percent, to around 18 percent, for fiscal year 2019/20.
Outlook for fiscal year 2019/20 (updated on November 15)
• Net sales growth of 8-10 percent, based on constant exchange rates.
• EBITA margin of around 18 percent.
1 After continuous investments
2 Before / after dilution
3 Compared to last fiscal year based on constant exchange rates
# # #
For further information, please contact:
Cecilia Ketels, Head of Investor Relations
Tel: +46 76 611 76 25, e-mail: email@example.com
Time zone: CET: Central European Time
This is information that Elekta AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication at 07:30 CET on November 28, 2019. (REGMAR)
For almost five decades, Elekta has been a leader in precision radiation medicine. Our nearly 4,000 employees worldwide are committed to ensuring everyone in the world with cancer has access to – and benefits from – more precise, personalized radiotherapy treatments. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Elekta is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm Exchange. Visit elekta.com or follow @Elekta on Twitter.