Enea Enjoys Multicore Success
Continues Momentum with Strategic Collaboration with Key Semiconductor Partners
STOCKHOLM, Sweden, 28 April, 2010 - Enea has over the past days announced several highlights in its bid to simplify the transition to multicore processing for companies building next generation communication equipment. These recent achievements span new products, alliances and design wins and reflect Enea's core commitment to focus on the success of its customers. In addition, Enea earlier this week announced specific initiatives with Freescale and Netlogic Microsystems that will strengthen the company's multicore market position and ensure continued momentum and success.
"The market landscape has changed substantially over the past year," said Per Åkerberg, president and CEO of Enea. "Industry consolidation has opened new opportunities for Enea to strengthen alliances with a number of leading suppliers of multicore processors. This is an exciting time at Enea as we extend our leadership position by deepening our relationships with Freescale and Netlogic."
This week's announcements include:
- Enea will expand it strategic relationship with Freescale as the go to RTOS and multicore software platform for network communications. Enea will optimize its multicore software for the Freescale processors targeting communications including the QorIQ, PowerQUICC and Starcore DSPs with the intent to have support available at first production silicon.
- Enea OSE® Multicore Edition (www.enea.com/ose) support for the Freescale QorIQ P2020 and P4080 multicore processors and Enea® Hypervisor (www.enea.com/hypervisor) availability for the P2020. Enea software offers a flexible and powerful multicore architecture for developers using QorIQ processors to build advanced communications equipment.
- Enea OSE®ck (www.enea.com/oseck), Enea® Optima and Enea® LINX support for the New Freescale MSC825x DSP Family. This comprehensive software solution will support all aspects of the MSC825x family's hardware optimizations - ensuring that developers achieve maximum performance all with Enea ease of use.
- An expanded strategic relationship with Netlogic Microsystems that features Enea OSE Multicore Edition support, as Enea built and delivered Linux development environment based on the Enea Linux Project Framework (ELPF) for the NetLogic Microsystems Linux-based SDK. All Enea offerings will be available across the NetLogic Microsystems' XLP(TM), XLR® and XLS® multi-core, multi-threaded processor families.
- In addition, Enea will join Netlogic Microsystem's eNsemble Multi-Core Alliance.
Although Enea has long been involved in delivering multicore and multiprocessing solutions to the communications market, the latest phase of its strategy to transform the way multicore is adopted and assimilated into embedded system designs began with the fall 2009 release of Enea OSE Multicore Edition realtime operating system (RTOS). Enea OSE Multicore Edition won best of show at the Embedded Systems Conference, Boston as the most innovative product released - sending a clear message that Enea was setting its sights on innovation which would meet the market's technical requirements but would also have a positive impact on its customers' business goals including time to market, profitability and flexibility. In 2010, Enea followed up with the release of Enea Hypervisor, a software layer which allows Enea OSE and Linux to coexist on multicore processors. Along with several multicore enhancements to the Enea Optima tool set and Enea OSEck, the company's DSP optimized RTOS, these four products represent the core of Enea's multicore software offering which is complemented with a range of software solutions including protocols, database management systems and middleware.
Semiconductor alliances represent an important front in the struggle to make multicore programming and design more accessible to communications equipment manufacturers. In addition to the announcements made by Enea today, the company also supports the latest multicore processors from leading vendors including ARM, Cavium, LSI and many others. Enea is committed to forging deep partnerships with hardware vendors to produce truly integrated platforms which provide an out of the box experience that spurs innovative applications and rapid deployment. Teaming with its partners to ensure the success of joint customers has always been an Enea core value.
Customer adoption and success is the true measure of the value of innovation. Enea's most recent signature multicore design win involves a Japan-based tier 1 supplier of communications infrastructure equipment. The customer will use Enea's products to develop nodes of a distribution network for High Definition TV. Enea OSE Multicore Edition, Enea Optima tools, and a package of related services were chosen based on their ability to effectively manage multicore processing and the programming architecture's inherent suitability for distributed environments. The customer estimates that its selection of Enea will result in critical time to market savings.
Looking to the future, Enea remains committed to the transforming the way multicore technology is adopted, used and deployed. Developing new innovative products, strengthen exiting relationships, building new strategic alliances and ensuring customer success will the route to extending Enea's leadership position in the market.
For more information
Catharina Paulcén, VP Corporate Communications
Phone: 46 8 507 140 00 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Lanfear, Director of Global Marcom
Phone: 1 617 244 9433 or email: email@example.com
Dan Andersson, Vice President of Software Sales Asia
Phone: 86 1360 1864 840 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Benedicte Bissey, Marketing Communications Manager, EMEA
Phone: 33 1 76 91 58 24 or email: email@example.com
Enea is a global software and services company focused on solutions for communication-driven products. With 40 years of experience Enea is a world leader in the development of software platforms with extreme demands on high-availability and performance. Enea's expertise in real-time operating systems and high availability middleware shortens development cycles, brings down product costs and increases system reliability. Enea's vertical solutions cover telecom handsets and infrastructure, medtech, automotive and mil/aero. Enea has offices in Europe, North America and Asia. Enea is listed on Nasdaq OMX Nordic Exchange Stockholm AB. For more information please visit enea.com or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enea®, Enea OSE®, Netbricks®, Polyhedra® and Zealcore® are registered trademarks of Enea AB and its subsidiaries. Enea OSE®ck, Enea OSE® Epsilon, Enea® Element, Enea® Optima, Enea® Optima Log Analyzer, Enea® Black Box Recorder, Enea® LINX, Enea® Accelerator, Polyhedra® Flashlite, Enea® dSPEED Platform, Enea® System Manager, Accelerating Network Convergence(TM), Device Software Optimized(TM) and Embedded for Leaders(TM) are unregistered trademarks of Enea AB or its subsidiaries. Any other company, product or service names mentioned above are the registered or unregistered trademarks of their respective owner. © Enea AB 2010.