Interim Report 1 April – 30 June 2021
- Strong growth in key ratios – significant steps in the right direction
- Sales growth of 230% – signs of a normalization within healthcare following the pandemic
- Confirmed timetable for 510(k) application and several clinical milestones during H2 2021
"We are continuing to establish a solid foundation for growth globally, and I can confidently say that based on the now available clinical results for the Episealer®, our operating environment is improving substantially. As the clinical acceptance for a mini-metal implant with excellent clinical results grows in the orthopaedic community, our growth rates will increase in several markets. Moreover, the interest in the Episealer® Talus implant technology is exceeding our expectations. Of course, we are yet to see the full financial impact of these positive developments, but we are increasingly confident that this will come in the next steps of our journey”, says Pål Ryfors, CEO Episurf Medical.
Second quarter 2021 compared to 2020, Group
- Gross order intake amounted to SEK 1.4m (1.0), an increase of 45%. We experienced a 32% increase in orders for Episealer® implants during the quarter with 66 (50) approved orders
- Order book amounted to SEK 1.3m (1.2), an increase of 11%
- Group net sales increased by 230% to SEK 2.0m (0.6)
- Loss for the period amounted to SEK -17.7m (-14.4)
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.08 (-0.08)
First six months 2021 compared to 2020, Group
- Gross order intake amounted to SEK 3.6m (2.5) a increase of 46%
- 31% increase in orders for Episealer® implants with 156 (119) approved orders
- Group net sales increased by 74% to SEK 3,6m (2.1)
- Loss for the period amounted to SEK -34,4m (-32.3)
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0,16 (-0.24)
Significant events during the second quarter
- New patent approved in US for Episurf Medical
- Episurf Medical reached milestone of 1,000 implants
- Poster with 5-years’ follow-up data presented at the 3rd World Arthroplasty Congress available
- New patent approved in Europe and China for Episurf Medical
- First Episealer® surgery in Portugal was scheduled
- Episurf Medical entered into a distribution agreement with Spain and Portugal
- European multicentre study initiated for 5 years’ follow-up of Episealer® Knee patients
Significant events after the second quarter
- Episurf Medical announced additions to the European sales force
- Episurf Medical provided an update on the project Episealer® Patellofemoral System for the US market
Episurf Medical invites analysts, investors and media to a webcasted presentation in connection with the publishing of the Q2 report.
Date: July 16th 2021
Start time: 10:00 (CEST)
The presentation will be held in English by CEO Pål Ryfors, and afterwards questions are invited. An on-demand version of the webcast will be available at Episurf Medical’s website after closing of the presentation.
For more information, please contact:
Pål Ryfors, CEO, Episurf Medical
Tel:+46 (0) 709 62 36 69
Veronica Wallin, CFO, Episurf Medical
Tel:+46 (0) 700 37 48 95
About Episurf MedicalEpisurf Medical is endeavoring to bring people with painful joint injuries a more active, healthier life through the availability of minimally invasive and individualised treatment alternatives. Episurf Medical’s Episealer® individualised implants and Epiguide® surgical drill guides are developed for treating localised cartilage injury in joints. Episurf Medical’s μiFidelity® system enables implants to be cost-efficiently tailored to each individual’s unique injury for the optimal fit and minimal intervention. Episurf Medical’s head office is in Stockholm, Sweden. Its share (EPIS B) is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. For more information, go to the company’s website: www.episurf.com.
This information is information that Episurf Medical AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08.30 CEST on July 16, 2021.