Serena Hotels honours the memory of "Morani the Rhino" with 11 brand new luxury tents at Sweetwaters in Kenya
New Morani Wing At Sweetwaters Tented Camp in Kenya Officially Opened For Business
Serena Hotels is proud to announce the recent opening of their new “Morani Wing” at Sweetwaters Tented Camp in Nanyuki, Kenya.
These eleven new tents are spacious, artistically designed and tastefully furnished keeping the needs of today’s discerning traveller in mind with provision of internet connectivity in each tent, coffee/tea making facilities, shaving mirrors and hairdryers.All tents command great views of the watering hole and Loldaiga hills with a backdrop of Mt. Kenya.
The new wing comes complete with deluxe double, twin and triple tents as well as a deluxe tent suitable for the physically challenged - all with beautiful modern décor that complements the natural tones of the bush.
The Morani Wing has been named in honor of Morani the first black rhino to be introduced to Sweetwaters Game Reserve (now known as the Ol Pejeta Conservancy), which was opened as a Black Rhino Sanctuary in 1989. An orphan of poaching, Morani was tamed and before his death in 2008, he was the best Ambassador for all black rhino in Africa.
Sweetwaters Tented Camp is set in a private sanctuary, which is abundant with wildlife and unfettered by the more rigorous strictures of the Kenyan National Park. The camp offers the opportunity to experience an African ecosystem unlike anywhere else.
The improvements made to this camp and the upgrade undertaken are in line with Serena Hotels' policy to continuously evaluate and upgrade the product offering and services for the comfort and benefit of all Serena clients.
On conservation matters, Sweetwaters achieved the Silver Eco-rating award for the continued dedication and commitment towards promoting responsible tourism. Other Serena properties that have a Silver rating are Amboseli and Kilaguni Serena Safari Lodges.
Only 3 hours from Nairobi, The Ol Pejeta Conservancy – a 90,000-acre private wildlife conservancy – is situated on the equator, in Kenya’s Laikipia District, between the foot hills of the Aberdares and the magnificent snow-capped Mount Kenya.
The Ol Pejeta Conservancy boasts an astounding variety of animals, including the Big Five (the endangered black and white rhino, leopard, elephant, buffalo and lion), Grevy’s zebra, Jackson’s hartebeest, cheetah and the highlight being the chimpanzee and Rhino sanctuaries. The combination of amazing wildlife and stunning views across the open plains of Ol Pejeta guarantees an unforgettable safari experience.
Interesting facts about Sweetwaters Tented Camp:
- One of the private game reserves in Kenya, Sweetwaters excels in the provision of privileged seclusion and private game viewing both night and day. - Located just a couple of hours from Nairobi.
- Spend a morning with the Ol Pejeta conservancy predator research team and gain an insight into Africa's king of the savannah - the Lion. Using specialized tracking devices get up close to these elusive beasts.
- Camel trek through the sanctuary.
- With well over 500 recorded species of bird, Ol Pejeta is an ornithologist's paradise, join trained naturalists for a spectacular bird watching experience. - A magnificent sanctuary in Kenya where qualified guides will take you on a journey to see the endangered species of Grevy's Zebra, Jackson's Hartebeest, Cheetahs, spotted hyenas and not to mention the black and white Rhino.
- Chimpanzee sanctuary, the only one of its kind in Kenya.
- Each tent has a thatched roof, an en suite bathroom and its own veranda with views over the waterhole.
- Beauty, health and massage services available
For more information visit www.serenahotels.com
Marketing & PR Manager
Unit 5, Field Place Estate, Byfleets Lane, Broadbridge Heath, Horsham, RH12 3PB
Tel: 44 (0)1403 243619
Ethos Marketing is the UK Sales, Marketing and PR office for luxury hotels and game lodges in Southern and East Africa.