ExpreS 2 ion Biotech Holding AB: Publication of interim report for January – June 2019
ExpreS2ion Biotech Holding AB (“ExpreS2ion”) hereby publishes its interim report for the period January – June 2019. The report is available as an attached document to this press release and on the Company’s website (www.expres2ionbio.com). Below is a summary of the report.
CEO Steen Klysner comments
“The sales and marketing activities initiated in 2018 are beginning to show significant results. Compared to H1 2018 ExpreS2ion is able to present a revenue growth of 34 %.
During H1 2019 we also witnessed a large and continuous growth in our potential revenue pipeline. We expect to enter even more long-term partnerships in the second half of 2019 and based on current activities and contracts, the outlook for the rest of 2019 remains very strong. We expect to deliver a high double-digit growth on the top-line for the full year of 2019.”
Second quarter (2019-04-01 to 2019-06-30)
- Group turnover amounted to 4,339 (2,982) KSEK, which is an increase of 46% compared to Q2 2018.
- Result after financial items amounted to -3,602 (-4,101) KSEK.
- Net income amounted to -3,076 (-3,322) KSEK.
- Net income per share* amounted to -0.23 (-0.28) SEK.
First half of the year (2019-01-01 to 2019-06-30)
- Group turnover amounted to 7,060 (5,260) KSEK, which is an increase of 34% compared to H1 2018.
- Result after financial items amounted to -8,558 (-7,522) KSEK.
- Net income amounted to -7,417 (-6,539) KSEK.
- Net income per share* amounted to -0.58 (-0.59) SEK.
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to -7,233 (-6,513) KSEK.
- Equity ratio** amounted to 39.2% (62.0) %.
- Cash and cash equivalents amounted to 5,013 (12,219) KSEK.
Numbers in parenthesis are the numbers from the same period in 2018.
*The Group’s net income per share: the net income for the period divided by 13,584,237, which is the average number of shares for the second quarter 2019. The total number of shares in ExpreS2ion Biotech Holding AB was 13,602,015 per 30/06/2019. In Q2 2019, a directed share issue has been registered, by which the number of shares increased to 13,602,015.
**Equity ratio: Shareholder’s equity divided by total capital.
Significant events during the second quarter of 2019
- On April 16, ExpreS2ion announced that Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, Osaka, Japan, has signed a two-year Research License Agreement granting the company access to use ExpreS2ion’s proprietary protein expression platform, ExpreS2 TM, in their research and development.
- On April 25, ExpreS2ion announced the publication of a co-authored article in Cellular Microbiology with the Company’s Australian collaboration partner, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute, providing proof of concept in an animal model for a new and potentially groundbreaking malaria vaccine that is targeting a molecular ’key’ for infection, that was recently discovered by the group.
- On May 2, ExpreS2ion published its annual report for 2018. The annual report is available on ExpreS2ion’s website (www.expres2ionbio.com).
- On May 23, the annual general meeting of ExpreS2ion Biotech Holding AB (publ) was held. The report is available on the Company's website (www.expres2ionbio.com).
- On June 14, ExpreS2ion announced that a scientific article, documenting that human antibodies against the RH5 protein can stop the malaria parasite from entering human blood cells, has been published in the highly renowned journal Cell. The article is based on a clinical study conducted by researchers at the University of Oxford together with a consortium of research entities including ExpreS2ion.
- On June 26, ExpreS2ion Biotech Holding AB announced that the Company has appointed Svensk Kapitalmarknadsgranskning AB as its Certified Adviser. This change will come into effect on July 1, 2019.
Significant events after the end of the period
- On July 1, ExpreS2ion announced that the Company has signed a non-exclusive license agreement with ERS Genomics providing ExpreS2ion with the right to use and commercialise products, for its own use or together with customers or partners, based on the highly efficient CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing technology.
- On August 2, ExpreS2ion announced the launch of its first in vitro diagnostic (IVD) product based on the ExpreS2-platform from its licensee, Institut Virion\Serion.
Svensk Kapitalmarknadsgranskning AB
Telephone: +46 70 755 95 51
For further information about ExpreS2ion Biotech Holding AB, please contact:
Dr. Steen Klysner, CEO
Telephone: +45 2062 9908
This press release contains information that ExpreS2ion is obligated to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication through the agency of the contact person set out above on August 22, 2019.
ExpreS2ion Biotechnologies ApS is a fully owned Danish subsidiary of ExpreS2ion Biotech Holding AB with company register number 559033-3729. The subsidiary has developed a unique proprietary platform technology, ExpreS2, that can be used for fast and efficient preclinical and clinical development as well as robust production of complex proteins for new vaccines and diagnostics. Since the company was founded in 2010, it has produced more than 300 proteins and 40 virus-like particles (VLPs) in collaboration with leading research institutions and companies, demonstrating superior efficiency and success rates. In addition, ExpreS2ion develops novel VLP based vaccines through the joint venture AdaptVac ApS which was founded in 2017. For additional information, please visit www.expres2ionbio.com and www.adaptvac.com.