Deadline for submission to the German Peace Prize for Photography: 31 May 2019!
No extension of the submission deadline to be expected
For the first time this year, the "German Peace Prize for Photography" will be disclosed as a special category of the Felix Schoeller Photo Award. Submissions are welcome until 31 May! The German Peace Prize for Photography honors works that deal with the topic of peace in all its facets. In return, the concept of peace is very broadly defined: It can be peace between peoples, as well as peaceful coexistence in a country, in the family or inner peace. It is important to give peace a face.
Who will be the next winners? The 2017 edtion's winners were (left to right): Mario Brand, Saskia Boelsums, Matt Hulse, Alain Schroeder, Hosam Katan, Guilherme Bergamini, Rodrigo Illescas
Participation in the German Peace Prize for Photography already has many advantages. Good reasons for all professional photographers to submit their work:
- The winner will receive a cash prize of € 10,000.
- Photographic rights are strictly observed. Copyright will be noted in every press release and publication.
- The jury is free and independent.
- The jury knows neither the names of the participants nor the origin of the pieces while judging.
- The German Peace Prize for Photography is exclusively for professionals.
- The shortlist, winners and nominees will be published on the website.
- The winner will be presented to the public through a high-quality exhibition open for months at a museum in Osnabrück.
- Worldwide exposure: information on the winners and nominees will be sent to international photographic trade journals and the cultural editors of general publications via press releases.
- Winning pieces will be prominently featured and promoted on the Facebook page.
- Entrants come from over 100 countries and are often winners of international or national competitions.
- The award ceremony will take place in a premium environment in order to pay sufficient tribute to the winners.
- The “German Peace Prize for Photography” is the first and only competition of its kind for professional photographers.
- Submission is free of charge.
No extension of the submission deadline!
As usual, the organizer will not grant an extension of the submission deadline. Based on previous experience and the enormous increase in registrations, it is recommended not to upload the submissions online in the last hours of 31 May. Early submission will considerably facilitate the process for submissions. Submissions should only be made online at www.felix-schoeller-photoaward.com
Other important dates:
Announcement of the shortlist: 03.09.2019
Publication of nominees: 09.09.2019
Award ceremony: 19.10.2019
Official exhibition opening: 20.10.2019
Profile of the Felix Schoeller Group, Osnabrück
Founded in 1895, the Felix Schoeller Group is a family business with worldwide operations producing specialty papers. With around 2,315 employees, the renowned Osnabrück-based company produced and marketed almost 323,000 tonnes of specialty papers in 2017 and posted a total turnover of 747 million euros. The Felix Schoeller Group develops, produces and markets specialty papers for photographic applications, digital printing systems, the packaging market, self-adhesive applications and for the furniture, wood-based products and wallpaper industry.
In addition to its Osnabrück main site and headquarters, the Felix Schoeller Group has four other production facilities in Germany - in Weissenborn and Penig in Saxony, in Titisee-Neustadt (Baden-Württemberg) and in Günzach (Bavaria). It also has production facilities in the USA and Canada and is involved in joint ventures in the Russian Federation and the People's Republic of China. It has representative offices in Los Angeles, Sao Paulo, Tokyo, Shanghai, Kuala Lumpur, Mumbai, Melbourne, Moscow, and Prague.
The Felix Schoeller Group exemplifies uncompromising quality, unique flexibility and true partnership. The result: Best Performing Papers. Worldwide.
Graef Advertising GmbH | Kollegienwall 3-4 | 49074 Osnabrück
phone 49 541 580548-0 | fax 49 541 580548-99
www.graef-advertising.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Amtsgericht Osnabrück HRB 201542 | Ust.-IdNr. DE257274254
Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter Hans-Joachim Graef