United Camping Interim report Q1 2021 – extended press release
First Camp, Scandinavia’s largest campsite chain with its parent company United Camping AB, increased revenues in the first quarter of 2021 by 24% vs same period in 2020, excluding effects from acquisitions (pro forma).
United Camping AB made public the interim report Q1 2021 through press release at 08:00 CET on May 7, 2021. That press release is now complemented through the excerpt below from the interim report with regards to highlights for the first quarter 2021 and significant events in the first quarter as well as significant events after the reporting period. No additions or changes has been made to the interim report as such.
Highlights for first quarter 2021 (same quarter last year in brackets)
- Total revenue of SEK 26.0 million (20.9)
- Pro forma revenue increased with 24% compared to Q1 2020
- EBITDA of SEK -28.9 million (-29.4)
- Pro forma Adjusted EBITDA amounted to SEK -33.3 million (-33.8)
- Cash flow from operating activities SEK -8,5 million (-34,3)
Significant events in the first quarter
- Entrance into the lease agreement for Löttorp camping (as of 1 January 2021)
- In February, Frigård Camping in Denmark joined the First Camp brand (however, the campsite is operated by another company outside the United Camping AB Group)
Significant events after the reporting period
- Strong revenue development in April, pro forma revenue increased with approximately 35% compared to 2020. For the period January – April the pro forma lodging revenue increased with approximately 35% compared to 2020 and is in line with 2019. On comparable Swedish destinations the lodging revenue during Easter increased with fully 17% compared to Easter 17%. Our guests remain very interested in staying with First Camp even in the current pandemic situation.
- Bookings for July are currently approximately 10% higher than this time in 2019, for comparable Swedish destinations. However, a large part of bookings are made close to arrival
This information is information that United Camping AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out below, at 08.00 CET on May 7, 2021.
For further information, please contact:
+46 (0)707-18 05 75
United Camping is, under the First Camp brand, the largest camping chain in Scandinavia. First Camp has over 45 destinations from Swedish Boden in the north to Danish Frigård in the south.