Gaming Innovation Group reports Q2 2019
Gaming Innovation Group Inc. (GiG) reports Q2 2019 revenues of €31.0 million and an EBITDA of €2.5 million.
“With the second quarter behind us, the outlook has improved. I am confident that the recent strategic actions we have taken will lead to revenue growth and an improved bottom line in H2. It has been a quarter with some headwind, primarily due to a tougher Swedish market.
Our global expansion will be driving sequential growth in both B2C and B2B in H2 and we will manage that growth with a strong focus on execution as the Company is heavily focused on improving earnings per share.”, says Robin Reed, CEO of GiG.
- Revenues for Q2 2019 were €31.0m (36.9), impacted by the Swedish market and termination of a customer contract in Q4 2018
- EBITDA was €2.5m (1.7) in Q2 2019, corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 8.1% (4.6)
- Revenues for the B2B segment in Q2 2019 were €13.1m (15.6). EBITDA was €2.1m (4.4)
- Revenues for the B2C segment in Q2 2019 were €19.6m (24.2), with a positive EBITDA of €0.4m (-2.8)
- Other operating expenses quarter-on-quarter decreased by 2% in Q2 2019 as a result of increased efficiencies and cost-savings across the organisation
- Cash flow from operations in Q2 2019 was €3.2m (8.2)
- GiG partnered with New Zealand's largest entertainment company SkyCity Entertainment Group on 21 May for a turnkey, fully managed online casino solution, launch date was 8 August
- One new brand was signed to Platform Services in Q2 2019, two customers were launched in April with an additional three brands in the pipeline for launch. The total number of brands on the platform is 35
- Rizk launched a dedicated and branded live casino studio on 11 June and the brand was also launched in India
- In August, GiG divested its brand Highroller to affiliate and operator Ellmount Gaming Ltd. for a total price of €7 million. The acquirer will become a B2B customer of GiG and continue to operate Highroller on GiG’s platform
- GiG was granted B2B and B2C licences for online casino and sports betting in Spain and a Class II licence in Romania, allowing affiliate marketing
- A new SEK400m senior bond was issued on 14 June with a SEK1,000m borrowing limit, refinancing part of the existing bond and credit facilities
- The Company is expecting both sequential revenue growth and improved bottom line as its global expansion is driving growth in both B2B and B2C in H2
- Growth will be managed with strong focus on execution and cost control
Investor presentation and webcast:
CEO Robin Reed will present the Q2 results at 10:00 CET at Helio GT 30, Grev Turegatan 30, Stockholm. The presentation will be given in English and available live via webcast and via a telephone link. Questions can be asked via this web link:
Dial-in numbers for participation in the telephone conference:
United Kingdom: +443333009271
United States: +18446251570
For further information, contact:
Robin Reed, CEO, +356 9999 0382
This information is information that Gaming Innovation Group Inc. (GiG) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication at 08:00 CET on 14 August 2019.
About Gaming Innovation Group (GiG)
Gaming Innovation Group Inc. is a technology company providing products and services throughout the entire value chain in the iGaming industry. Founded in 2012, Gaming Innovation Group’s vision is ‘To open up iGaming and make it fair and fun for all’. Through its ecosystem of products and services, it is connecting operators, suppliers and users, to create the best iGaming experiences in the world. GiG operates out of Malta and is dual-listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol GIG and on Nasdaq Stockholm under the ticker symbol GIGSEK. www.gig.com