INTERIM REPORT OCTOBER - DECEMBER 2018
Fourth quarter 2018 (October 1 to December 31 2018)
- Net sales for the group for the quarter amounted to 11 359 KUSD which has improved by 1 492 KUSD compared to Q4 last year
- EBITDA for the group amounted to 1 749 KUSD, an increase of 597 KUSD over Q4 2017
Full year 2018 (January 1 to December 31 2018)
- Net sales for the group for the full year amounted to 42 984 KUSD of which 212 KUSD came from the commencement of sales for the new 3D business – see Segment Information below for more detail
- Gross Profit decreased by 1 889 KUSD compared to 2017 with 1 520 KUSD being related to product mix moving towards lower-margin offerings; in addition, non-recurring logistical costs amounted to 655 KUSD
- EBITDA for the group amounted to 5 131 KUSD of which 7 939 KUSD came from the 2D business; change in FX compared to USD had a negative effect on EBITDA of 854 KUSD compared to 2017
- Costs related to 3D for the full year were 5 365 KUSD of which 2 688 KUSD was capitalized; this compares to 2017 where 3D costs were 2 526 KUSD of which 608 KUSD was capitalized. The negative EBITDA impact of the 3D business was 2 677 KUSD
Global Scanning A/S Graham Tinn, CEO
Svanevang 2, 3450 Allerød Tel: 0045 48141122, Mail: email@example.com
Tel: 0045 48141122 Anja Folkvardsen, CFO
Tel: 0045 48141122, Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Group develops, manufactures and markets large-format scanning solutions for the computer-aided design (CAD), geographic information systems (GIS), reprographic products, copy services and document archiving segments under the brand names of Contex and Colortrac respectively. The scanners digitally capture documents, drawings and other 2D input in order to view, edit, archive, convert or print output data.
The group's products are sold across the world through a value-add distribution network and via OEM agreements with major multinational enterprises within the Large Format Printing industry.
The group operates a 3D online sharing platform and plan to combine potential 3D hardware with this platform to create new innovative products in this space.