GUARANTEED RATE NAMED ONE OF CHICAGO’S TOP WORKPLACES
Chicago’s largest mortgage company combines commitment to career development with healthy living in a highly collaborative environment
CHICAGO (Nov. 13, 2012) – Guaranteed Rate, Chicago’s mortgage leader, today announced it was recognized by the Chicago Tribune as one of the city’s top places to work. Headquartered on Chicago’s north side, the country’s second largest independent mortgage lender was recognized in the midsize category, employing more than 1,000 in Chicago, and is included in the list for the second time.
Since its inception in 2000, president and CEO, Victor Ciardelli, has promoted a company culture emphasizing successful career development combined with individual wellness. In Chicago, employees enjoy a number of opportunities for maintaining a balanced lifestyle and achieving workplace success, including:
- A creative work space housed in a converted loft designed to facilitate collaboration and interaction with those at any work level;
- Anchored by Guaranteed Rate University, robust training programs aid in development for all employees;
- On-site gym offering weights and machines, as well as access to a certified personal trainer and CrossFit, indoor cycling, kickboxing and Pilates classes taught by certified instructors;
- Professionally-trained on-site chef, Andrew Zimmer, formerly of the James Beard-nominated restaurant, Girl and the Goat, serves a rotating menu filled with healthy options; and
- A certified massage therapist available by appointment any day of the workweek.
Additionally, Guaranteed Rate, one of Chicago’s fastest-growing employers, established the Guaranteed Rate Foundation, a 501 (c) (3) not-for-profit organization, to help employees and their families in times of hardship.
“Guaranteed Rate is honored to be named one of Chicago’s top workplaces, especially since our employees voted us as deserving of the designation,” said Guaranteed Rate president and CEO, Victor Ciardelli. “Since our founding in 2000, we’ve grown to more than 2,300 employees today, and we are committed to offering our team members a meaningful work-life balance through a collaborative environment and health conscious initiatives.”
Guaranteed Rate employs highly talented and skilled people from many fields, including: mortgage lending, insurance, information technology, graphic design, advertising and marketing.
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is the second largest independent home loan company in the U.S. and is Revolutionizing Life’s Biggest Purchase™ by offering low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and superior customer service. Headquartered in Chicago and with more than 130 offices in 47 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of people with more than $44 billion in home purchase loans and refinances since 2000. Visit www.guaranteedrate.com for more information.