Highlights of Handelsbanken’s Annual Report january – december 2018
Summary January – December 2018, compared with
January – December 2017
- Growth in business volumes in all home markets.
- Return on equity increased to 12.8% (12.3).
- Operating profit rose by 5% to SEK 22,013m (21,025). Adjusted for non-recurring items, operating profit went up by 3%.
- The period’s profit after tax grew by 8% to SEK 17,357m (16,102).
- Earnings per share increased to SEK 8.93 (8.28).
- Income increased by 5% to SEK 43,770m (41,674). Adjusted for non-recurring items, income grew by 4%.
- Net interest income grew by 5% to SEK 31,286m (29,766).
- Net fee and commission income increased by 5% to SEK 10,247m (9,718).
- The C/I ratio rose to 47.7% (45.5).
- The credit loss ratio pursuant to IFRS 9 was 0.04% (IAS 39: 0.08).
- The common equity tier 1 ratio decreased to 16.8% (22.7) after the proposed dividend.
The Swedish FSA’s decision to move the risk weight floor for Swedish mortgages to Pillar 1 decreased the common equity tier 1 ratio by 5.5 percentage points. The total capital ratio was 21.0% (28.3).
- The Board proposes an ordinary dividend of SEK 5.50 per share, and that the existing mandate to repurchase shares is extended for a further year.
Summary of Q4 2018, compared with Q3 2018
- Operating profit decreased by 1% to SEK 5,288m (5,344). Adjusted for non-recurring items, the decrease was 5%.
- The period’s profit after tax fell by 2% to SEK 4,016m (4,106) and earnings per share declined to SEK 2.07 (2.11).
- Return on equity decreased to 11.6% (12.1).
- Income increased by 3% to SEK 11,083m (10,728), although adjusted for non-recurring items, the increase was 1%.
- Net interest income was virtually unchanged at SEK 7,872m (7,862). Activity on the funding markets remained at a high level.
- The C/I ratio rose to 49.8% (48.1).
- The credit loss ratio was 0.06% (0.04).
The slide presentation for today’s press conference will be available at 7:00 a.m. CET at handelsbanken.se/ireng
For further information, please contact:
Anders Bouvin, President and Group Chief Executive
Tel: +46 (0)8 22 92 20
Rolf Marquardt, CFO
Tel: +46 (0)8 22 92 20
Lars Höglund, Head of Investor Relations
Tel: +46 (0)8 701 51 70, email@example.com
This information is of the type that Handelsbanken is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Swedish Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 7:00 a.m. CET on 6 February 2019.
For more information about Handelsbanken, please go to: handelsbanken.com