FREEDOM TREKS ENCOURAGES PARENTS TO CYCLE THEIR WAY TO HOLIDAY SUCCESS
With cycling now Britain’s third most popular sport, heroes like Sir Bradley Wiggins, Victoria Pendleton and Chris Froome are inspiring a new generation of bike-lovers.
To help encourage younger cyclists to enjoy the freedom and health benefits that this simple activity brings, Freedom Treks offers 45 family-friendly bike breaks across Europe.
From dedicated family Boat & Bike holidays, ideal for those keen to mix with like-minded families to self-guided cycling tours well-suited to younger travellers, their itineraries follow dedicated cycle paths and quiet country lanes across gentle terrain for parental peace of mind.
Carefully designed to cater for all ability levels, Freedom Treks’ child-friendly cycling holidays revolve around local points of interest that will appeal to all ages and keep enquiring minds entertained.
By providing a wide range of kids’ bikes, trailers and child seat options, the cycling operator also ensures age is no barrier to instilling an appreciation of the great outdoors whilst away.
Saul Follett, Freedom Treks Manager, said: “Our customers tell us that cycling with their children is not only a great way to explore a country but, more importantly still, gives them the luxury of time to bond over shared experiences.
“As parents find themselves feeling increasingly time-poor, we’ve made sure a third of our cycling holidays can be adapted to suit active families eager to enjoy some quality time together as they explore Europe.”
Below are five of Freedom Treks favourite pedal-powered family adventures across Europe’s waterways:
- NEW Family Lake Garda (Italy) – New for 2016, parents need only unpack once on this lakeside retreat to one of Europe’s most child-friendly countries. The itinerary includes three days of short and gentle rides, ensuring there’s plenty of free time to chill out on the beach or enjoy the nearby attractions, including an aquapark, zoo and theme park. And, with traditional gelaterias all around, it shouldn’t be too hard to convince the family to lap up some of the local culture at the end of a fun-packed day. 6 nights B&B from £352pp for 2 adults and 2 children aged 12 and under when sharing a room. Children under 2 travel free.
- Family Special – IJssel Lake (Holland) – Designed with kids aged 7 – 11 in mind, it’s all aboard for this flexible week-long Boat & Bike holiday. As the Dutch barge navigates this former inland sea, passengers are kept entertained with a stream of regular shore stops. From guided forest rides to canoe trips and visits round historic sites to beach swimming, there’s ample opportunity to have fun as a family or encourage the kids to let off steam with their new-found friends. 7 nights full board from £393pp for 2 adults and 2 children aged up to 11 years when sharing a cabin.
- Archipelago Island Cycle (Sweden) – After an initial day exploring the cobbled streets and Viking history of Stockholm, it’s time to take the ferry and explore a handful of the thousands of islands that dot this corner of the Baltic Sea. Heading off the beaten track to cycle to nature reserves, ancient forests and white-sand beaches, this has all the ingredients for a memorable island-hopping adventure. 5 nights B&B from £674pp for 2 adults, £500pp for 2 children aged up to 18 years when sharing up to 2 rooms.
- Lake Constance (Germany / Austria / Switzerland) – For a holiday with a twist, spend one action-packed week on two wheels exploring three countries. This circular ride around one of Europe’s largest freshwater lakes follows well-signposted cycle routes via spectacular castles, medieval towns and dramatic waterfalls, all set against a picturesque Alpine backdrop. 7 nights B&B from £317pp for 2 adults and 2 children when sharing a room.
- Family Adventure Cruise – South Dalmatia (Croatia) - This multi-activity family holiday is perfect for kids that can’t keep still. With guided sightseeing and cycling options on offer every day, families can choose to be as energetic or relaxed as their mood takes them. Highlights include the chance to go river-rafting down the Cetina Canyon, pedal through verdant pine forests and enjoy daily dips in the turquoise waters of the Adriatic Sea. 7 nights (4 full board / 3 half board) from £732pp for 2 adults and 1 child aged up to 16 years when sharing a cabin.
For more information on family cycling holidays or to book call 01273 224 066 or visit www.freedomtreks.co.uk.
- Ends -
For all press enquiries please contact:
Lynsey Devon, Heaven Publicity
Phone: 44 (0)20 3544 1563
Mobile: 44 (0)7717 078862
Cycling has taken off in recent years with the success of British cyclists on the road and track. Freedom Treks caters for this trend with cycle tours over a wide proportion of Europe. Tours visit historical and cultural sites along with stunning countryside with accommodation in a number of formats from hotels to barges, yachts, glamping and paradors. Tours are mixed between guided and self guided. For more information visit www.freedomtreks.co.uk