Snow-Camp Launches New Apprenticeship scheme
Snow-Camp is delighted to announce the launch of their very own Snowsports Apprenticeship Programme enabling 5 young graduates from the Snow-Camp programmes to join the head office team in a full time role for a year.
Having been inspired to launch the programme by SkillsActive and with a solid partner in Youth Force supporting the initiative, Snow-camp is looking forward to launching the new Apprenticeship programme in May 2013. An apprenticeship is a nationally recognised training programme combining real work with learning and training, both on and off the job. Snow-Camp Apprentices, aged 16-20, will be able to learn on the job through a range of activities and placements and get paid while studying for an NVQ Level 2 Activity Leadership qualification. Apprentices will gain valuable experience from involvement in all Snow-Camp programmes where leadership and coaching is required.
Dan Charlish, Snow-Camp Director said; “The programme is designed for individuals who wish to gain a broad yet solid foundation to support a career in the snowsports industry and wish to gain key qualifications and practical experience in snowsports delivery, together with mentoring in coaching and leadership skills. There will also be opportunities to work in a variety of snowsport placements across the industry over the 12 month period of the apprenticeship”.
The successful Apprentices will gain:
Access to a full-time paid apprenticeship programme of 30 hours a week over 12 months including:
- An NVQ Level 2 in Activity Leadership
- Experience of working alongside Snow-Camp staff and planning and instructing snowsports sessions during all Snow-Camp programmes (SC London, SC Graduate, SC Excel, SC Italy)
- Various work experience placements in the ski industry with our key partners including retail business Ellis Brigham, tour operators Ski World, Ski Safari and Interski.
- Experience of working at National Snowsports events such as Ski & Snowboard Show, Freeze Festival etc
- A Ski / Snowboard Technician qualification – focusing on repairing and servicing equipment
- Skills and learning for employability including employment rights & responsibilities, financial planning, health and safety etc
- A BASI (British Association of Snowsports Instructors) Level 1 Alpine Skiing or Snowboarding qualification
- Paid at National Apprenticeship wages
For more information on the Snowsports Apprenticeship Programme please take a look here.
Deadline for applications will be 31st May 2013. There will then be interviews for the 5 available places in the first week of June.
For all UK & Ireland press enquiries please contact:
Lynsey Devon, Heaven Publicity
Phone: 44 (0)20 3544 1563
Mobile: 44 (0)7717 078862
Snow-Camp is an innovative youth charity that uses a unique combination of skiing, snowboarding and life-skills programmes to support inner-city young people.Through the combination of snowsports and life-skills, their programmes enable young people to grow in confidence and self-esteem, develop as individuals and make positive choices for their lives. Snow-Camp programmes also enable young people to reflect on the key issues impacting their day to day lives, and help them develop new skills to support their futures – particularly towards careers in the snowsport industry.
Snow-Camp has grown steadily from 2003 and now works with at least 400 young people each year across 12 London Boroughs. Their vision is to expand Snow-Camp to other cities across the UK and bring the success of our approach to benefit many more inner-city young people.