Proposals of the Shareholders’ Nomination Committee to Herantis Pharma Plc’s Annual General Meeting 2021
Herantis Pharma Plc
9 March 2021 at 2:00 PM EET
The Shareholders' Nomination Committee, established by Herantis Pharma Plc’s Annual General Meeting on 8 April 2020, presents the following proposals to the Annual General Meeting to be held on 15 April 2021. The proposals will be included in the notice to the Annual General Meeting to be published at a later date.
Proposal on the number of the members and election of the members of the Board of Directors
The Shareholders' Nomination Committee proposes that the number of members of the Board of Directors shall be six (6).
The Shareholders' Nomination Committee further proposes that all current members of the Board of Directors, i.e. Timo Veromaa, Mats Thorén, Frans Wuite, James Phillips, and Aki Prihti shall be re-elected as members of the Board of Directors.
The Shareholders' Nomination Committee also proposes that Hilde Furberg shall be elected as a new member of the Board of Directors. A brief presentation of Hilde Furberg can be found on Herantis Pharma's website at (link).
Proposal on the remuneration of the members of the Board of Directors and reimbursement of travel expenses
The Shareholders' Nomination Committee proposes that the remuneration of the Board of Directors shall be as follows:
- The remuneration payable to the members of the Board of Directors shall be EUR 18,000 annually for each member of the Board except for the Chairman of the Board who shall be paid EUR 30,000 annually and the Vice Chairman of the Board who shall be paid EUR 24,000 annually. The remuneration proposed above remains unchanged from the previous year, but it has been presented on an annual basis.
- The Chairman of the Audit Committee shall receive a fixed annual fee of EUR 8,000 and each member of the Audit Committee a fixed annual fee of EUR 4,000.
- The Chairman of the Remuneration Committee shall receive a fixed annual fee of EUR 4,000 and each member of the Remuneration Committee a fixed annual fee of EUR 2,000.
- Board members are also reimbursed reasonable travel expenses related to the duties of the Board of Directors.
Composition of the Shareholders’ Nomination Committee
In accordance with the Charter of Herantis Pharma Plc's Shareholders' Nomination Committee, the Committee consists of four members. Three members represent the Company's largest shareholders who, on the last business day of September preceding the next Annual General Meeting, hold the largest number of votes calculated of all shares in the Company. The Chairman of Herantis Pharma’s Board of Directors serves as the fourth member of the Nomination Committee. The largest shareholders of the Company on the last business day of September are determined on the basis of the shareholders' register of the Company held by Euroclear Finland Ltd and Euroclear Sweden AB.
In 2021, the following members were appointed to Herantis Pharma Plc’s Shareholders’ Nomination Committee:
- Marko Berg, Helsinki University Funds (Chairman);
- Pia Gisgård, Swedbank Robur;
- Aki Prihti, Inveni Life Sciences Fund I Ky; and
- Timo Veromaa, the Chairman of Herantis Pharma’s Board of Directors.
For more information, please contact:
Julie Silber/Gabriela Urquilla
Tel: +46 (0)7 93 486 277/+46 (0)72-396 72 19
Certified Advisor: UB Securities Ltd, Finland: +358 9 25 380 225, Sweden: +358 40 5161400
Company website: www.herantis.com
About Herantis Pharma Plc
Herantis Pharma Plc is an innovative drug development company looking to break the boundaries of standard therapeutic approaches. Our regenerative medicine drug candidates include i. CDNF biological therapy that acts on the proteostatic mechanisms of disease for the treatment of Parkinson’s disease and other neurodegenerative diseases, and ii. Lymfactin® VEGF-C gene therapy for restoring lymphatic structure and function for the treatment of oncology related secondary Lymphedema and other lymphatic based diseases. The Herantis programs are potentially disease modifying that treat the cause as well as symptoms of disease, and bring the innovation necessary to provide further treatment options in underserved diseases. The shares of Herantis are listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market Finland and Nasdaq First North Growth Market Sweden.