Year-end report 2020
OCTOBER - DECEMBER 2020
- Sales amounted to 3,402 MSEK (3,774).
- Operating profit increased by 47 percent to 622 MSEK (423).
- Operating margin increased by 63 percent to 18.3 percent (11.2).
- Operating profit, excl. non-recurring items, increased by 19 percent to 622 MSEK (522).
- Operating margin, excl. non-recurring items, increased by 33 percent to 18.3 percent (13.8).
- Profit after tax increased to 456 MSEK (336).
- Earnings per share increased by 35 percent to 1.32 SEK (0.98). Earnings per share, excl. non-recurring items, increased by 10 percent to 1.32 SEK (1.20).
- Operating cash flow amounted to 1,023 MSEK (732), an increase of 40 percent.
- Non-recurring items, before tax, amounted to 0 MSEK (99).
JANUARY - DECEMBER 2020
- Sales amounted to 13,424 MSEK (15,508).
- Operating profit amounted to 1,935 MSEK (2,043).
- Operating margin amounted to 14.4 percent (13.2).
- Operating profit, excl. non-recurring items, amounted to 2,011 MSEK (2,242).
- Operating margin, excl. non-recurring items, increased to 15.0 percent (14.5).
- Profit after tax amounted to 1,409 MSEK (1,542).
- Earnings per share amounted to 4.09 SEK (4.48). Earnings per share, excl. non-recurring items, decreased by 14 percent to 4.26 SEK (4.93).
- Operating cash flow amounted to 2,548 MSEK (2,607).
- Non-recurring items, before tax, amounted to 76 MSEK (199).
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of 2.30 SEK per share (2.30).
"Increased sales volumes and further reduced cost base gave our best quarterly result ever. We continued to increase our sales volumes during the fourth quarter, both compared to previous quarters 2020 and compared to the corresponding quarter previous year. The combination of increased volumes and lower cost base gave our best quarterly result ever. The fourth quarter 2020 showed sales of 3,402 MSEK, which is approx. 10 percent lower than the corresponding quarter 2019, explained by negative currency effects and slightly lower sales prices. Operating profit increased at the same time by 19 percent for the quarter from previous year’s results excluding non-recurring items of 522 MSEK to 622 MSEK, which corresponds to a margin of 18.3 percent (13.8)."
Georg Brunstam, President and CEO
For more information, please contact:
Georg Brunstam, President & CEO
Tel: +46 (0)40 25 46 61
Peter Rosén, Vice President & CFO
Tel: +46 (0)40 25 46 60
HEXPOL is a world-leading polymers group with strong global positions in advanced polymer compounds (Compounding), gaskets for plate heat exchangers (Gaskets), and plastic and rubber materials for truck and castor wheel applications (Wheels). Customers are primarily systems suppliers to the global automotive and engineering industry, construction industry, the energy, oil and gas sector, medical equipment manufacturers and OEM manufacturers of plate heat exchangers and forklifts. The Group is organised in two business areas, HEXPOL Compounding and HEXPOL Engineered Products. The HEXPOL Group’s sales in 2020 amounted to 13,424 MSEK. The HEXPOL Group has approximately 4,600 employees in fourteen countries. Further information is available at www.hexpol.com.
This press release consists of such information that HEXPOL AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 1:00 p.m. CET on January 29, 2021. This report has been prepared both in Swedish and English. In case of any divergence in the content of the two versions, the Swedish version shall have precedence.