SCOTTISH EPOS FIRM TRANSFORMS CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE AT EDINBURGH FRINGE
Intelligent Point of Sale, the young Scottish start-up that developed the UK’s first cloud-based, iPad electronic point of sale (EPOS) app, expects to see more than £4m and 750,000 transactions handled through its software at this year’s Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
The firm’s app, intelligentpos®, is being used on more than 80 terminals by pop-up bar and event operators during the festival, including The Stand and The Corn Exchange.
Having been recently redesigned from the ground up, intelligentpos 4.0 is better, faster, modular and scalable, offering business owners the integration and feature-rich flexibility which allows them to respond to sales patterns and consumer trends more effectively. Paired with a Chip & PIN device, intelligentpos can process credit cards, contactless, Apple and Android Pay transactions with great ease. With more in-depth reporting and synchronized editing across all terminals in a business, new products and promotions can be added anytime, anywhere.
Intelligent Point of Sale is increasing subscriptions to its service at twice the rate of sign-ups six months ago and posted a turnover in excess of £1m in 2015, only its second year of trading. Aiming for 15,000 users by 2018, intelligentpos comes at a fraction of the cost of traditional POS systems but with all the functionality to rival the largest competitors in the market.
The company targets SMEs in the hospitality sector and sales to festival operators is particularly strong. New client, Wonder Bars, operated 15 iPad terminals with the intelligentpos software across its six bars at Glastonbury 2016. More than 80 staff were trained on the system, which handled over 14,000 transactions over the June weekend.
Robin Knox, co-founder and CEO of Intelligent Point of Sale, said:
“Within the festival environment, the most important benefits that an EPOS system can deliver are speeding-up service to cut queues at the bar, integrating chip and pin with contactless payments and cash, and providing reliable stock control. Our software does all of this and a great deal more from an iPad and we’re delighted that Intelligent Point of Sale will be at this year’s Edinburgh Fringe in even greater numbers.”
Notes to editors:
Intelligent Point of Sale Limited
1. Edinburgh-based Intelligent Point of Sale Limited supplies a cloud-based electronic point of sale / cash register software and hardware to small and large businesses throughout the UK and internationally.
2. The product – intelligentpos® - is an iPad and cloud-based point of sale application which allows businesses to process transactions on portable hardware and flexible, fully customisable software.
3. intelligentpos allows business owners to remotely monitor their commercial activity, manage staffing levels, alter products and offers, and a do a great deal more through a dedicated Backoffice that is accessible anytime, anyplace.
4. intelligentpos is fully integrated with mature POS peripherals such as chip and pin providers iZettle and Verifone.
5. intelligentpos is a hybrid cloud system, meaning it is not internet reliant and allows businesses to operate even when Wi-Fi is down.
6. Founded in October 2012 by business partners Robin Knox (age 29) and Paul Walton (age 30), Intelligent Point of Sale Limited currently employs 42 members of staff in Edinburgh.
7. intelligentpos license fees are £39 plus VAT per month for a single iPad and £29 plus VAT for additional iPads.
For further information, please contact Elizabeth Lambley, Indigo, 0131 554 1230
August 5, 2016
Elizabeth Lambley, Indigo, 0131 554 1230