IP BUSINESS LEADERS DISCUSS CHALLENGES OF CHANGING GLOBAL MARKET
Annual IPBC Global Conference to be held in Barcelona from June 5-7, 2016.
The world’s top intellectual property leaders will explore cutting-edge issues facing the market at this year’s IPBC Global conference, to be held at Barcelona’s Hotel Arts from June 5-7, 2016.
With intellectual property now a pivotal 21stcentury business asset, this year’s annual conference – ‘Embracing the New Normal’ – features an extensive list of high profile speakers who will offer insights into emerging trends and challenges facing IP owners and their advisors today.
Now widely established as an essential forum for senior IP owners, this is the ninth annual IPBC conference to be hosted by IAM, the world’s leading IP business media platform. Last year’s conference attracted more than 650 attendees from 30 countries around the world, while this year’s lineup promises even more with speakers from companies including Google, Microsoft, Siemens AG, Nokia, Ericcson, Visa, Dolby, Huawei, Daimler, Royal Philips, ABB, LG and more.
Alongside speaker sessions, the three day programme also offers extensive, world-class networking opportunities.
“IP is now a business asset of pivotal importance to companies working in a variety of industries across the globe,” says IAM Editor, Joff Wild. “It is exciting that so many senior figures responsible for developing and managing highly innovative corporate IP value creation strategies will be joining us in Barcelona.”
“Not only will they discuss the common challenges they face and how to overcome them, but they will also share best practice tips on a range of vital issues. That’s what makes the IPBC Global such an unmissable event,” Wild adds.
Key speakers at IPBC Global 2016 include:
- Erich Andersen, vice president and deputy general counsel for Microsoft Corporation.
- Monica Magnusson, director of patent strategy and portfolio management at Ericsson.
- Heath Hoglund, vice president and chief patent counsel at Dolby (San Francisco).
- Alyssa Harvey Dawson, vice president of global intellectual property and licensing at HARMAN International.
- Joo Sup Kim, vice president of the LG Electronics (LGE) IP centre and manages the team responsible for litigation, licensing, counselling, open source and copyright.
- James Kovacs, associate general counsel and director of the patent licensing group at Intel Corporation.
- Tao Zhang, director of IP strategy at Huawei Device USA.
- Allen Lo, deputy general counsel for patents at Google Inc. Lo was identified as the number one Market maker last year
- Ilkka Rahnasto head of the patent business of Nokia Technologies. The company manages one of the industry’s broadest and strongest IP portfolios.
- Alexandra Cordes, vice president and head of strategic IP initiatives at SAP.
- Rubén Bonet, co-founder, president and CEO of Fractus, a European technology company specialising in the global wireless and telecoms industries. In 2005 Fractus was named a Technology Pioneer by the World Economic Forum.
- Phyllis Turner-Brim, vice president and chief IP counsel of Intellectual Ventures Management LLC.
IP owners are encouraged to register now for this year’s conference. A full list of speakers is available at: http://www.ipbusinesscongress.com/2016/Speakers.aspx
Globe Business Media Group
T +44 207 939 4260 E mzgurova@GlobeBMG.com
Globe Business Media Group