Shortlist Announced for the ICGN Global Stewardship Disclosure Awards 2021
London, United Kingdom, 28 July – The International Corporate Governance Network (ICGN), with Members responsible for assets under management in excess of US$59 trillion, announced shortlists today for the ICGN Global Stewardship Disclosure Awards.
Investor stewardship contributes to sustainable and responsible value creation which benefits companies, investors and society as a whole. The ICGN Global Stewardship Awards celebrate leadership and innovation in stewardship related disclosures by showcasing the best in class amongst the global investor community, particularly in relation to policies guiding company engagement, conflicts of interest and voting. Award categories are defined by asset owner and asset manager and are tiered by the size of assets under management.
In announcing the awards, Chair of ICGN’s Awards Committee, Phil Armstrong, said: “Our congratulations go to this year's shortlisted asset owners and asset managers for their global leadership in stewardship disclosures. What was particularly gratifying was the diversity of candidates considered for these awards indicating the growing significance of stewardship disclosure as integral to investment management not just in the UK, Europe and North America but in other important financial markets. It was also reassuring to observe the increasing quality and standards of disclosure, not only in form but through practical examples of engagement and application of stewardship and the accountability for investors' funds. Disclosure is fundamental to the credibility of stewardship and those short listed have provided exemplary standards of reporting on their stewardship activities in this year's awards.”
The shortlisted candidates are as follows:
Stewardship Disclosure - Asset Manager (>£60 billion AUM)
- Allianz Global Investors
- Legal & General Investment Management (LGIM)
- Nikko Asset Management Co., Ltd.
- Ninety One
Stewardship Disclosure - Asset Manager (<£60 billion AUM)
- Alberta Investment Management Corporation
- Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG
- Martin Currie Investment Management
- NEI Investments
- Sarasin & Partners
Stewardship Disclosure - Asset Owner (>£60 billion AUM)
- California State Teachers' Retirement System (CalSTRS)
- CPP Investments
- Dai-ichi Life Insurance Co, Ltd.
- Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF)
- Universities Superannuation Scheme (USS)
Stewardship Disclosure - Asset Owner (<£60 billion AUM)
- AP2, Andra AP-fonden
- University of Toronto Asset Management
Winners will be chosen by an independent panel of judges and announced at the ICGN Global Virtual Summit, 3rd November, 2021.
About International Corporate Governance Network
Led by investors responsible for assets under management of over $59 trillion, and bringing together companies and stakeholders, ICGN advances the highest standards of corporate governance and investor stewardship worldwide in pursuit of long-term value creation, contributing to healthy and sustainable economies, society, and environment. This is achieved through a comprehensive international work programme based around three core activities:
- Influence: Promoting ICGN Principles as investor-led global standards for governance and stewardship and influencing public policy and professional practice.
- Connect: Delivering high-quality global events and webinars with unrivalled opportunities for networking, knowledge-sharing and collaboration.
- Inform: Enhancing professionalism in governance and stewardship practice through information and education.
Senior Communications and Events Manager
+44 020 4541 7254