2020 Annual Report shows a strong year for Investor
Investor AB has today published the Annual Report 2020 integrated with the Sustainability Report, on www.investorab.com
2020 was a year marked by the challenges that followed on the covid-19 pandemic. Even so, 2020 was a strong year for Investor. Our companies were quick to adapt by taking action to safeguard employees, support customers, lower costs and secure liquidity. At the same time, they continued to invest in strategically prioritized areas.
“Covid-19 has reminded us of mankind’s vulnerabilities, despite our technological progress and sophistication. This is a serious warning for society to prepare for future crises. One can never highlight enough the importance of corporates in
creating and maintaining jobs, generating taxes, and bringing forward new, innovative technologies”, writes Investor’s Chair of the Board Jacob Wallenberg in his Letter from the Chair in the Annual Report.
Investor’s adjusted net asset value grew 14 percent and our total shareholder return of 19 percent beat the SIXRX return index by 4 percentage points.
“We have a strong portfolio, a clear and proven governance model, an extensive network of top-quality people and strong financial flexibility. From this position of strength, we continue to focus on two strategic priorities: sharpen our role as an engaged owner and ensure an attractive portfolio”, writes Investor’s CEO Johan Forssell in his Letter from the CEO.
Highlights from the year:
- Within Listed Companies, we invested SEK 3.4bn in ABB, Ericsson and Electrolux Professional, which became our 13th listed company. Several companies made strategic acquisitions.
- In total, the major subsidiaries within Patricia Industries grew organic sales and profit. Patricia Industries acquired its 9th subsidiary, Advanced Instruments. Several companies made add-on acquisitions.
- The reported value increase on our Investments in EQT amounted to 55 percent.
- Sustainability is a prerequisite for creating long-term value. Two key highlights during 2020:
- CO2e emissions from our companies decreased by 40 percent, compared to 2016 and 23 percent compared to 2019.
- The average share of women in our listed companies’ boards increased to 37 percent, compared to 33 percent in 2019.
Printed Annual Reports will be available soon.
Find Investor's online version of the Annual Report here
For further information:
Viveka Hirdman-Ryrberg, Head of Corporate Communication and Sustainability,
Phone +46 70 550 3500
Magnus Dalhammar, Head of Investor Relations,
Phone +46 73 524 2130
Our press releases can be accessed at www.investorab.com
Investor, founded by the Wallenberg family in 1916, is an engaged owner of high quality global companies. We have a long-term investment perspective. Through board participation, as well as industrial experience, our network and financial strength, we work continuously to support our companies to remain or become best-in-class. Our holdings include, among others, ABB, Atlas Copco, Ericsson, Mölnlycke and SEB.