Interim Management Statement January-March 2019
“During the quarter, our total return was 11 percent. Our major subsidiaries reported strong earnings growth of 27 percent. Longer-term, it is important that our companies use new technologies to provide significant value to customers and to contribute to an improved sustainable development. Our companies are working hard to capture the attractive opportunities that this offers.”
Johan Forssell, CEO of Investor
Highlights during the first quarter
- Adjusted net asset value amounted to SEK 406,892m (SEK 532 per share) on March 31, 2019, an increase of SEK 34,887m, or 9 percent during the quarter. Total shareholder return amounted to 11 percent during the quarter, compared to 13 percent for the SIXRX return index.
- Listed Core Investments generated a total return of 10 percent.
- Based on estimated market values, the value of Patricia Industries, excluding cash, increased by 7 percent during the quarter.
- Pro forma sales growth for the major subsidiaries amounted to 16 percent, of which 3 percent organic in constant currency. EBITA grew by 27 percent. Mölnlycke’s organic sales growth amounted to 4 percent in constant currency.
- The value of Investor’s investments in EQT increased by 6 percent in constant currency. Net cash flow to Investor amounted to SEK 740m.
- Leverage (net debt/reported total assets) was 5.3 percent as of March 31, 2019 (6.1).
For further information:
Viveka Hirdman-Ryrberg, Head of Corporate Communication and Sustainability,
Phone +46 70 550 3500
Magnus Dalhammar, Head of Investor Relations,
Phone +46 73 524 2130
This information is information that Investor AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 8:15 CET on April 24 2019.
Our press releases can be accessed at www.investorab.com
Investor, founded by the Wallenberg family in 1916, is an engaged owner of high quality global companies. We have a long-term investment perspective. Through board participation, as well as industrial experience, our network and financial strength, we work continuously to support our companies to remain or become best-in-class. Our holdings include, among others, ABB, Atlas Copco, Ericsson, Mölnlycke and SEB.