Interim Management Statement January-September 2015
Highlights during the third quarter
- Net asset value amounted to SEK 257,520 m. (SEK 338 per share) on September 30, 2015, a decrease of SEK 22,054 m. (SEK 29 per share) during the quarter, corresponding to a change of -8 percent. Over the past 20 years, annual average net asset value growth, with dividend added back, has been 12 percent.
- Shares were acquired in Wärtsilä for a total of SEK 170 m. Investor’s ownership reached 17.2 percent of the capital and votes in the company.
- Net cash flow from EQT amounted to SEK 0.7 bn. The value on Investor’s EQT investments decreased by 4 percent in constant currency.
- Patricia Industries’ acquisition of BraunAbility was announced. In 2014, BraunAbility’s sales amounted to USD 415 m. BraunAbility will be a new wholly-owned subsidiary and the acquisition is expected to be completed during the fourth quarter 2015.
Financial information January-September 2015
- Consolidated net profit for the period, which includes unrealized change in value, was SEK 2,718 m. (SEK 3.57 basic earnings per share), compared to SEK 37,693 m. (SEK 49.48 basic earnings per share) for the same period 2014.
- Listed Core Investments contributed SEK -2,630 m. to net asset value (29,107).
- EQT contributed SEK 2,787 m. to net asset value (3,007).
- Patricia Industries contributed SEK 3,411 m. to net asset value (5,003).
- Leverage (net debt/total assets) was 6.2 percent as of September 30, 2015 (7.3).
- Consolidated net sales for the period was SEK 18,119 m. (15,420).
For further information:
Stefan Stern, Head of Corporate Relations, Sustainability and Communications, Phone 46 8 614 2058, 46 70 636 7417
Magnus Dalhammar, Head of Investor Relations, Phone 46 8 614 2130, 46 73 524 2130
Our press releases can be accessed at www.investorab.com
Investor, founded by the Wallenberg family a hundred years ago, is the leading owner of high quality Nordic-based international companies. Through board participation, our industrial experience, network and financial strength, we strive to make our companies best-in-class. Our holdings include, among others, Atlas Copco, SEB, ABB, Ericsson and Mölnlycke Health Care.