KEWILL INC. NAMES PERRY SMITH AS VICE PRESIDENT OF ENGINEERING
Leading Provider of Global Trade & Logistics Solutions Adds 20-Year Accomplished Engineering Executive to Its Management Team
Sept. 21, 2011 - Chelmsford, MA. - Kewill (LSE: KWL), a leading provider of solutions that accelerate global trade and logistics, today announced that it has named seasoned engineering executivePerry Smith to the position of vice president of engineering.
- Kewill Inc. has a suite of software solutions that significantly simplify the management of the most complex global supply chains for enterprises and logistics service providers.
- Smith will drive Kewill’s engineering and development efforts, supporting the company's goal of providing continued advanced solutions to meet the demands of a growing and competitive industry.
- Smith comes to Kewill Inc. from Agilysys, Inc. (a leading developer and marketer of proprietary enterprise software, services and solutions to the hospitality and retail industries) where he was responsible for software design and development, quality assurance, information development, and relationships with integrated third parties.
- Earlier in his career Smith held senior management positions with e-Touch International (where he was also co-founder), InfoGenesis, KANA Software, and McAfee Associates.
- Perry Smith holds a Masters of Science in Engineering from Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA.
- “Kewill is an exciting, dynamic organization with a strong leadership position in the market, and I look forward to leveraging the technology achievements and success that Kewill has had to date to drive new solutions into the market,” said Perry Smith, vice president of engineering for Kewill Inc.
- “Perry’s depth of experience and strategic insights complements our current team very well, and under Perry’s engineering direction we look forward to further solidifying our leadership position in the global trade and logistics solutions industry and continuing to provide sophisticated and reliable solutions to the market and to our customers,” said Mike Dolan, COO for Kewill Inc.
About Kewill Plc
Kewill delivers solutions that accelerate global trade and logistics.
Our software solutions and deep domain knowledge enable our customers to drive revenue growth and measurable cost savings.
A global company, Kewill provides software that accelerates customs and forwarding, transportation & logistics, and eCommerce & B2B integration. All of our solutions and people are focused on increasing the speed of global trade for our customers.
Since 1972, Kewill has delivered global trade and logistics solutions to the most sophisticated companies in the world. Over 7,000 companies use Kewill solutions including Bayer, Ingersoll Rand, DHL, UPS, TNT, Toll, Hankyu Hanshin, Scott’s & Co.,Hitachi, WaverleyTBS, Mothercare, Black & Decker and Damco.