UPS CUSTOMS BROKERAGE GROUP SUCCESSFULLY FILES ACE ENTRY DURING CBP PILOT TEST PROGRAM USING KEWILL
Kewill One of Three Vendors Recognized for Providing Software for the Pilot Program
June 11, 2012 - Chelmsford, MA. - Kewill (LSE: KWL), a leading provider of software solutions that accelerate global trade and logistics, today announced that UPSÒ, a global leader in logistics has successfully completed a Simplified Entry filing using Kewill Customs Brokerage solution for participation in the U.S. Customs & Border Protection's (CBP) Simplified Entry Pilot.
UPS was one of only nine selected by CBP to participate in the Pilot. Simplified Entry streamlines the release of goods and enhances cargo security. It segregates the filing of the transportation information from the filing of the entry information. This allows for the earlier filing of entry information which will in turn allow CBP personnel to apply more time and resources as part of its risk-segmented approach in identifying high-risk shipments while potentially reducing transaction costs for the trade community. The capability for filers to update information will result in more accurate data for CBP and Participating Government Agencies.
- Simplified Entry (SE) is a new ACE feature to enable the release of cargo with as few as 13 data elements as opposed to the 27 currently required
- Only nine companies were selected to participate in the pilot program
- Kewill Customs Solution increases the speed of processing and management of US imports and CBP entry
- Kewill Customs Solution serves the top customs brokers in the market today
- “Kewill is the leading authority on global trade and logistics and the fact that we were one of only 3 vendors that had been selected to participate in the program underscores our leadership in this space,” said Joseph Cowan, vice president of LSP Solutions for Kewill Americas. “We look forward to continuing our work with industry trade regulators and our customers to ensure we continue providing solutions that help organizations remain compliant and maintain their competitive edge.”
About Kewill Plc
Kewill is a leading provider of technology solutions that enable Logistics Service Providers and Shippers to move goods domestically and across international and global borders. Our products empower companies to connect and optimise the performance of their local, international and global transport and logistics operations. Kewill delivers world-class software in the areas of freight forwarding, customs and export compliance, parcel shipping, transportation & warehousing, eCommerce and B2B integration. Our customers rely on our innovative software and extensive domain knowledge to improve their business processes, information exchange and management visibility to drive revenue growth, deliver cost savings, improve profitability and meet the changing needs of their customers.
Established in 1972, Kewill has over 7,000 customers around the world including FedEx, Ford, Mazda, Nestlé, Nike, Palm, Procter & Gamble, Parker Hannifin, Overstock.com, GE Healthcare, Bayer, Black & Decker, Damco, DHL, Hankyu Hanshin, Hitachi, Ingersoll Rand, Mothercare, UPS, Scott’s & Co., TNT and WaverleyTBS.
PR & Corporate Communications Manager
About Kewill Plc
Kewill delivers solutions that accelerate global trade and logistics.
Our software solutions and deep domain knowledge enable our customers to drive revenue growth and measurable cost savings.
A global company, Kewill provides software that accelerates customs and forwarding, transportation & logistics, and eCommerce & B2B integration. All of our solutions and people are focused on increasing the speed of global trade for our customers.
Since 1972, Kewill has delivered global trade and logistics solutions to the most sophisticated companies in the world. Over 7,000 companies use Kewill solutions including Bayer, Ingersoll Rand, DHL, UPS, TNT, Toll, Hankyu Hanshin, Scott’s & Co,Hitachi, WaveryTBS, Mothercare, Black & Decker and Damco.