6th Annual VPI K9K Pet Cancer Awareness Walk, this Sunday, Long Beach
WHO: Hundreds of pets owners, pets, E! Entertaiment's Ashlan Gorse, Animal Cancer Foundation, Veterinary Pet Insurance (VPI)
WHAT: 6th Annual VPI K9K Pet Cancer Awareness Walk
· Partnering with the Animal Cancer Foundation (ACF), Veterinary Pet Insurance (VPI) will host the 6th Annual VPI K9K Cancer Awareness Walk to raise funds for pet cancer research, the number one disease-related killer of dogs in the United States.
· The VPI K9K Pet Cancer Awareness Walk will feature a fun-filled 3K (1.8 miles) walk for both pets and people
· Majority of participants are walking and raising money in honor of a current or past dogs who were stricken with cancer
· All registration fees will be donated to the Animal Cancer Foundation(ACF), a non-profit organization that strives to advance the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cancer in pets and people
· Registrants for the VPI K9K Pet cancer Awareness Walk receive entry to the K9K, a commemorative T-shirt, a bandanna for their pooch, and other post-event refreshments/snacks
· For more information or to register, visit VPIK9KLongBeach.com
· VPI is the nation’s oldest and largest provider of pet health insurance and received more than 50,000 claims for cancer diagnosis and treatment in pets last year
· November is National Pet Cancer Awareness Month
WHEN: Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012
Registration Begins: 9:00 A.M.
Walk Time: 10:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
WHERE: Shoreline Village Lighthouse Peninsula
320 Golden Shore St.
Long Beach, Calif.
PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES: Hundreds of pet owners and their dogs walking together around Rainbow Harbor and Shoreline Village in Long Beach in honor of current or past dogs who were stricken with cancer. Ashlan Gorse from E! Entertainment Television
CONTACT: Leslie Sonnenklar, email@example.com, 602.462.2215