Länsförsäkringar Alliance: Interim Review January-March 2014
Comparison period of January-March 2013 in brackets.
- Operating profit for the Alliance’s non-life insurance operations amounted to SEK 1,410 M (1,188).
- The technical result in the Alliance’s non-life insurance operations amounted to SEK 524 M (265). The combined ratio amounted to 94 (99).
- Investment income in the Alliance amounted to SEK 1,180 M (1,241). Solvency capital strengthened SEK 4,644 M to SEK 41,524 M.
- Operating profit for the Bank Group amounted to SEK 197 M (136).
Net interest income strengthened to SEK 584 M (544).
- Profit for Länsförsäkringar Fondliv amounted to SEK 77 M (59). Premium income amounted to SEK 2,328 M (2,742). Commission income amounted to SEK 278 M (233).
- Profit for Länsförsäkringar Liv amounted to SEK 211 M (71). The solvency ratio was 117% (113) and the total return amounted to 2.6% (negative 2.4).
“ The Länsförsäkringar Alliance began the year strongly, in terms of both earnings and growth. Profit for the Alliance’s total non-life insurance business strengthened, largely due to an increased portfolio combined with lower claims costs. In the banking operations, business volumes continued to rise, and profit increased 45%. Managed assets in the unitlinked life assurance company also continued to increase. The Alliances’ total solvency capital strengthened during the quarter by slightly more than SEK 1 billion.” says Sten Dunér, President of Länsförsäkringar AB.
The Länsförsäkringar Alliance is neither a legal entity nor, in the legal sense of the term, a Group; it is an alliance between 23 independent regional insurance companies that jointly own Länsförsäkringar AB. Länsförsäkringar's earnings from non-life insurance consist of the total of the earnings of the 23 regional insurance companies and of the jointly-owned Länsförsäkringar AB, excluding life assurance and banking.
For further information, please contact:
Sten Dunér, President Länsförsäkringar AB,
+46 8-588 411 15, +46-73 964 11 15, firstname.lastname@example.org
Malin Rylander Leijon, CFO, Länsförsäkringar AB,
+46 8-588 408 64, +46 73-964 08 64, email@example.com
Fanny Wallér, Director of Communications, Länsförsäkringar AB
+46 8-588 414 69, +46 70-692 77 79, firstname.lastname@example.org