THE SALOMON CITYTRAIL™ RICHMOND HALF MARATHON AND 10KM COMES TO RICHMOND IN 2015
Richmond’s popular local running event, The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon, will return to Old Deer Park on Sunday 22nd March 2015.
During the race, participants can expect to explore the scenic Borough of Richmond, beginning in Old Deer Park, passing Ham House, Petersham Meadows - which is protected by an act of parliament, Teddington Lock - the meeting point for Dunkirk Little Ships in 1940 and Richmond Green.
Richard Xerri, Founder and Director at Perseverance Events says: “The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon and 10km is now in it’s third year and we are seeing people come from wide and far to take part in this event. We have such fantastic trail running routes right on our doorstop here in Richmond and hopefully participants will enjoy the varied terrain and landmarks they will pass during the race.”
1,000 local children between the ages of 5 and 17 will also be able to take part in a free race - The Salomon CityTrail™ Mini Mile race supported by Wholefoods. The aim of this race is to help build an Olympic legacy in the Borough and encourage more children to take up healthy living with sport as the driving force.
Tord Nilson, Sports Marketing Manager at Salomon says, “Salomon CityTrail™ were looking for an event that combined the thrill of trail running in an urban setting and The Richmond Half Marathon was the perfect solution. We are excited to be involved and hope the 2015 event is even bigger and better than last year!”
Friends and families will be encouraged to come along and support the participants on the day at the FitRichmond event village located at Old Deer Park. There they will be entertained by partner charities, have the chance to taste great snacks at the many food stalls and chat with an array of local businesses.
“The Richmond Half Marathon is a wonderful event that benefits the local community and helps some very worthwhile organisations. Richard's meticulous organisation makes it a pleasure to work with him and the businesses in the town really benefit from the hundreds of competitors and supporters who come for the run,” says Councilor Pamela Flemming of Richmond Borough Council.
The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon and 10km differs from other city running races by inspiring the local community and businesses to get involved with the event. Participants and spectators are encouraged to visit Richmond town centre after the event, therefore increasing foot traffic and strengthening business on the high street, promoting Richmond as a place to visit, shop and socialize following the event.
5% of all race entry fees for The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon and 10km (plus additional contributions and Gift Aid) will go directly to the official charities of CLIC Sargent and The Vineyard Community Centre.
To book your place in The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon or 10Km event, visit www.richmondhalf.com
Notes to Editor
The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon and 10km
- The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon and 10km will take place on Sunday 22nd March 2015.
- The race preludes London Marathon and is fast becoming a well-established pre-London half marathon event. The race is now in its 3rd year with 4,500-5,000 in attendance throughout the day.
- The events’ 2015 chosen local charity is The Vineyard Community Centre.
- The Salomon CityTrail™ Richmond Half Marathon and 10km was established in late 2012 by local business owner, athletics coach and Surrey Team Manager Richard Xerri from Perseverance Events. For 10+ years he has managed several club and county events on a voluntary level. He also helps several local clubs with equipment for events and assists local organisers with advice and experience.
- Perseverance Events also organise: Summer Breeze Running Festival (13th June 2015) and London Enduro 12 Hour & 50km Trail Race (13th June 2015)
- CLIC Sargent is the UK’s leading cancer charity for children and young people, and their families. They provide clinical, practical, financial and emotional support to help families cope with cancer and how to get the most out of life. They support from diagnosis onwards and aim to help the whole family deal with the impact of cancer and its treatment, life after treatment and in some cases bereavement.
- Visit www.clicsargent.org.uk for more information.
The Vineyard Community Centre
- The Vineyard Community Centre is at the foot of Richmond Hill situated in the beautiful town of Richmond, and is best known for helping those who are homeless, poor, vulnerable or in crisis.
- The project offers a morning drop in centre with food, clothing, and washing for the homeless. In the afternoon the community cafe opens where everybody from different walks in life are welcome.
- The Centre also runs the Richmond Foodbank, which last year provided emergency food for nearly 2000 local people. It also has a great charity shop recycling goods providing funds for the centre.
- Help in crisis, hope for Life. www.vineyardcommunity.org.uk
For more information or images of THE SALOMON CITYTRAIL™ RICHMOND HALF MARATHON & 10KM, please contact Laura Kettle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07980 757482.
Laura Kettle Communications
M: 07980 757482 / E: email@example.com