MAG Interactive AB (publ) presents interim report Sep – May 2018/2019
Multiplayer games strengthen quarterly revenue as a result of improved ARPDAU
Comment from the CEO in summary
“We have made steady strides forward during the period March-May, with a revenue growth of 18% compared to the previous quarter, and a significantly improved ARPDAU for our most important games. The strategy for multiplayer games implemented last fall has started to yield positive results, and approximately 75% of sales can now be attributed to this part of the portfolio. We are confident that further investment in this strategy will continue to enhance both our existing and new multiplayer games”, says Daniel Hasselberg, CEO of MAG Interactive.
Summary of the period March – May 2019:
- The Group's Net sales for the period were 48,311 KSEK (51,202 KSEK), a decrease of 6% compared to the same period the previous year. Net sales have increased 18% compared to the second quarter of the financial year
- The Group's game contribution for the period was 27,463 KSEK (31,103 KSEK), a decrease of 12% compared to the same period the previous year
- ARPDAU for the period was 2.6 US cents (2.3 US cents), an increase by 0.3 US cents. The biggest game QuizDuel increased its ARPDAU compared to the same period last year by around 40%
- EBITDA for the period was 542 KSEK (5,417 KSEK)
- The result per share during the quarter was -0.14 SEK/share (0.02 SEK/share)
- The costs for Performance marketing in the period was 15,782 KSEK (11,149 KSEK)
- Daily and monthly active users (DAU and MAU) were 2.1 million and 7.3 million respectively during the quarter, a decrease of 25% and 25% compared to the same period last year
- Strategically important updates of QuizDuel and Word Domination were released during the quarter
Summary of the period September 2018 – May 2019 (9 months):
- The Group's Net sales for the period were 129,844 KSEK (163,130 KSEK), a decrease of 20% compared to the same period the previous year
- The Group's game contribution for the period was 75,714 KSEK (82,799 KSEK), a decrease of 9% compared to the same period the previous year
- Adjusted EBITDA for the period was -1,037 KSEK (9,479 KSEK)
- EBITDA for the period was -1,037 KSEK (-39,547 KSEK)
- The result per share during the quarter was -0.52 SEK/share (-2.51 SEK/share)
Upcoming reporting dates
|Interim report September-August 2018/2019 and year end report||23 October 2019|
|AGM fiscal year 2018/19||14 January 2020|
Presentation & Report
On June 26th, 2019 at 10:00 CET, CEO Daniel Hasselberg and CFO Magnus Wiklander will hold a Twitch video cast call in English to present the interim report. Link to the Twitch feed here www.twitch.com/maginteractive. For more information and to read the full report please visit https://www.maginteractive.com/investors/investor-relations/reports/.
This is information that MAG Interactive AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out below, at 08:00 on June 26th, 2019.
About MAG Interactive
MAG Interactive AB (publ) is a leading Swedish developer and publisher of casual mobile games for a global audience. The company reaches over 10 million monthly active players with a portfolio consisting of ten successful games that have generated over 250 million downloads in total. The most successful titles like Ruzzle, Word Domination and WordBrain have all reached #1 spots on the App Store and Google Play. With offices located in Stockholm and Brighton, MAG Interactive’s games are distributed through virtual app stores allowing for global reach. MAG Interactive is listed on Nasdaq First North Premier with ticker MAGI. FNCA Sweden AB is appointed Certified Adviser to MAG Interactive. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone: +46 (0)8-528 00 399. For more information visit www.maginteractive.com.