Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association Brings Legends for Youth Baseball Clinic Series to CuracaoFree youth baseball clinic to feature Didi Gregorius, Hensley Meulens and other MLB players and Alumni
Colorado Springs, Colo. – Curaҫaoan youth will have an opportunity to play with their big league heroes at the Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA) Legends for Youth baseball clinic series. The free clinics will feature* MLB veteran Hensley Meulens as well as current players Ozzie Albies, Didi Gregorius, Rougned Odor, Jurickson Profar, Andrelton Simmons and Jonathan Schoop, who will teach baseball skills, drills and life lessons for approximately 200 local youth. These seven players combine for 39 seasons, 3,538 hits and 3,801 games in Major League Baseball. The clinics and autograph sessions will occur from Saturday, November 24th through Friday, November 30th, as listed below.
The clinics will take place at Tio Daou Ballpark. Clinicians will train at different instructional stations for approximately 200 local youth ages 6 – 16. The clinics will conclude with an autograph session for children in attendance.
Full Clinic Schedule (All times listed in Atlantic Standard Time):
- Saturday, November 24: Legends for Youth Coaches Clinic in Curaҫao held from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Tio Daou Ballpark
- Monday, November 26: Legends for Youth clinics in Curaҫao held from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Tio Daou Ballpark
- Tuesday, November 27: Legends for Youth clinics in Curaҫao held from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Tio Daou Ballpark
- Wednesday, November 28: Legends for Youth clinics in Curaҫao held from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Tio Daou Ballpark
- Thursday, November 29: Legends for Youth clinics in Curacao held from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Tio Daou Ballpark
- Friday, November 30: Legends for Youth clinics in Curacao held from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Tio Daou Ballpark
For more information regarding the clinics, please contact Nikki Warner, Director of Communications, at (719) 477-1870, ext. 105 or visit www.baseballalumni.com.
*Clinicians subject to change.
About The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA)
MLBPAA was founded in 1982 with the mission of promoting baseball, raising money for charity and protecting the dignity of the game through its Alumni players. The MLBPAA is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO with a membership of more than 8,300, of which approximately 6,000 are Alumni and active players. Alumni players find the MLBPAA to be a vital tool to become involved in charity and community philanthropy. Follow @MLBPAA on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram for updates.
About Legends for Youth Clinics
MLBPAA’s Legends for Youth clinics impact more than 18,000 children each year, allowing them the unique opportunity to interact with and learn from players who have left a lasting impact on the game of baseball. The MLBPAA has reached children across America and internationally in Australia, Canada, China, Curaçao, the Dominican Republic, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, the United Kingdom and Venezuela, through the Legends for Youth Clinic Series. To donate to this program, visit baseballalumni.com/donate. The official hashtag of the Legends for Youth Clinic Series is #LFYClinic.