Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association Brings Legends for Youth Clinic Series to Germany and Netherlands
Colorado Springs, Colo. – German and Dutch youth will have an opportunity to play with their big league heroes at the Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA) Legends for Youth Clinic Series. The MLBPAA’s first trip to the Netherlands and third trip to Germany since the Legends for Youth Clinic Series inception will feature MLB veterans Brad Pennington, Desi Relaford and Kerry Robinson. Pennington spent five seasons in the major leagues as a left-handed relief pitcher, playing for the Baltimore Orioles, Cincinnati Reds, Boston Red Sox, California Angels and Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Relaford, an 11-year veteran who played every position but catcher and first base, notched 714 hits in 939 games. Robinson was an outfielder for seven seasons in Major League Baseball, putting together a career average of .267 in 463 games. Relaford, who has traveled to Legends for Youth clinics abroad in the past, speaks highly of the experience and enjoys the opportunity to connect with different cultures through the game of baseball.
“We get to go to a different place in the world where regardless of what language they speak or what language I speak, we all speak the same language, and that’s baseball,” said Relaford. “That’s the power of the game. Everybody can talk through the sport.”
The clinics and autograph sessions will take place across the two countries at various venues, between Thursday, June 22 and Friday, July 7. Clinicians will train at stations including pitching, catching, base running and life skills for approximately 200 local youth ages 6-16 at each event. The clinics will conclude with an autograph session and baseball giveaways for children in attendance.
Clinic Schedule (all times listed in Central European Summer Time):
- Thursday, June 22: Legends for Youth Clinic in Bad Homburg, Germany held at Field of Dreams, home of the Bad Homburg Hornets, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 24: Legends for Youth Clinic in Cologne, Germany held at Circlewood Stadium, home of the Cologne Cardinals, from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 26: Legends for Youth Clinic in Ennepetal, Germany held at Ennepetal Racoons Stadium, home of the Ennepetal Raccoons, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 28: Legends for Youth Clinic in Dusseldorf, Germany held at Suedalle 105, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 1: Legends for Youth Clinic in Rotterdam, Netherlands held at Neptunes Familie Stadion, from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, July 2: Legends for Youth Clinic in Rotterdam, Netherlands held at Neptunes Familie Stadion, from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 5: Legends for Youth Clinic in Rotterdam, Netherlands held at Neptunes Familie Stadion, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. and from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 7: Legends for Youth Clinic in Rotterdam, Netherlands held at Neptunes Familie Stadion, from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
For more information regarding the clinic, please contact Nikki Warner, Director of Communications, at (719) 477-1870, ext. 105 or visit www.baseballalumni.com.
*Clinicians subject to change.
About The Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA)
MLBPAA was founded in 1982 with the mission of promoting baseball, raising money for charity and protecting the dignity of the game through its Alumni players. The MLBPAA is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO with a membership of more than 7,800, of which approximately 6,100 are Alumni and active players. Alumni players find the MLBPAA to be a vital tool to become involved in charity and community philanthropy. Follow @MLBPAA on Twitter and Instagram for updates.
About Legends for Youth Clinics
MLBPAA’s Legends for Youth clinics impact more than 16,000 children each year, allowing them the unique opportunity to interact with and learn from players who have left a lasting impact on the game of baseball. The MLBPAA has reached children across America and internationally in Australia, Canada, China, Curaçao, the Dominican Republic, Germany, Italy, New Zealand, Nicaragua, the United Kingdom and Venezuela, through the Legends for Youth clinic series. To donate to this program, visit baseballalumni.com/donate. The official hashtag of the Legends for Youth Clinic Series is #LFYClinic.