Interim report January–March 2020
- Revenue increased by 19.6% to €238.8m (€199.7m). Organic revenue grew by 5.8%.
- Operating profit (EBIT) was €6.4m (€11.3m), representing an operating margin of 2.7% (5.6%).
- Net result amounted to €-2.5m (€6.9m), which represents a net result margin of -1.0% (3.4%).
- EBITDA increased by 5.6% to €29.0m (€27.5m), corresponding to an EBITDA margin of 12.2% (13.8%).
- EBITDAaL was €16.8m (€18.5m), corresponding to an EBITDAaL margin of 7.0% (9.2%).
- Net cash flow from operating activities was €36.5m (€24.1m).
- Basic/diluted loss per share were €-0.006 (earnings €0.046).
- Covid-19 pandemic has a significant impact on operating performance.
REVENUE AND EARNINGS
€ millions (€m)
|Q1 2020||Q1 2019||Variance||FY 2019|
|Operating profit (EBIT)||6.4||11.3||-43%||46.5|
|Operating profit margin||2.7%||5.6%||5.5%|
|Net result margin||-1.0%||3.4%||2.9%|
|Basic/diluted earnings/(loss) per share, €||-0.006||0.046||-113%||0.168|
Definition and reconciliation of alternative performance measures are available at www.medicover.com/financial-information. As from Q3 2019 margins (including margins of comparative figures) and growth rates have been calculated based on EUR whole figures instead of figures rounded in millions.
This is information that Medicover AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication through the agency of the contact person set out below at 7.45 (CEST) on 30 April 2020. This interim report and other information about Medicover is available at medicover.com.
For further information, please contact:
Hanna Bjellquist, Head of Investor Relations
Phone: +46 70 303 32 72
Medicover is a leading international healthcare and diagnostic services company and was founded in 1995. Medicover operates a large number of ambulatory clinics, hospitals, specialty-care facilities and laboratories and the largest markets are Poland and Germany. In 2019, Medicover had revenue around €844 million and 28,800 employees. For more information, go to www.medicover.com