Notification according to chapter 9, section 5 and 6 of the Securities Market Act: BlackRock Inc.’s holding in Metso

Report this content

Metso Corporation’s stock exchange release on June 7, 2023, at 09:00 a.m. EEST 

Metso Corporation has received a notification, pursuant to Chapter 9, Section 5 and 6 of the Finnish Securities Markets Act, about a change in the shareholding of BlackRock, Inc.

On June 5, 2023, BlackRock's holding in Metso’s shares fell below the 5 percent threshold and amounted to 40,029,970 shares or 4.82 percent of total shares and votes. BlackRock's holding through financial instruments in Metso amounted to 2,528,488 shares, which corresponds to 0.30 percent of the total amount of Metso’s shares. On June 5, 2023, BlackRock's total position amounted to 42,558,458 or 5.13 percent of Metso’s shares and votes. Metso’s total number of shares and voting rights is 828,972,440.

BlackRock, Inc.’s holdings according to the notification:

% of shares and voting rights
(total of 7.A)
% of shares and voting rights through financial instruments
(total of 7.B)
Total of both in % (7.A + 7.B)
Resulting situation on the date on which threshold was crossed or reached 4.82% 0.30% 5.13%
Position of previous notification 5.05% 0.10% 5.15%

A: Shares and voting rights
Class/type of
Number of shares and voting rights % of shares and voting rights
ISIN code Direct
(SMA 9:5)
(SMA 9:6 and 9:7)
(SMA 9:5)
(SMA 9:6 and 9:7)
FI0009014575 40,029,970 4.82%
SUBTOTAL A 40,029,970 4.82%
B: Financial Instruments according to SMA 9:6a
Type of financial instrument Expiration
Conversion Period
Physical or cash settlement Number of shares and voting rights % of shares and voting rights
American Depositary Receipt (FI0009014575) N/A N/A Physical 2,175 0.00%
Securities Lent N/A N/A Physical 2,431,686 0.29%
CFD N/A N/A Cash 94,627 0.01%
SUBTOTAL B 2,528,488 0.30%

Metso Corporation   


Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd 

Main media 

Metso is a frontrunner in providing sustainable technologies, end-to-end solutions and services for the aggregates, minerals processing and metals refining industries globally. By helping our customers increase their productivity, improve their energy and water efficiency and environmental performance with our process and product expertise, we are the partner for positive change.  

Headquartered in Helsinki, Finland, Metso employs over 16,000 people in close to 50 countries and sales for 2022 were about EUR 5.3 billion. The company is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki.,