Montgomery College Hosts M.O.V.E. Montgomery Transportation and Logistics Open House, Aug. 19 at the Rockville Campus
Workforce Development and Continuing Education at Montgomery College will host an open house for job seekers, community organizations and potential employers in the transportation and logistics fields Tuesday, August 19, 2014 from 1-4 p.m. in the Theatre Arts Arena on the Rockville Campus, 51 Mannakee Street, Rockville, MD. Registration opens at 12:30 p.m. and parking is free on campus the afternoon of the event. There will be Spanish interpreters available.
The event will introduce the College community to the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (DLLR) EARN Grant and M.O.V.E. Montgomery Transportation and Logistics training to employment program. The event will also highlight training scholarship opportunities in Commercial Truck Driving Licensing and busing (CDL-A and CDL-B) and trucking and transportation logistics with direct employment connections.
Montgomery County Ride-On, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority and Montgomery County Public Schools-Department of Transportation are featured employers.
Attendees Will Be Able to:
- Schedule a screening for program entry;
- Hear directly from employers on career paths and the culture of their work environments;
- Speak to actual employees who are successful and were once in your shoes;
- Learn details of the short 3-6 week training programs and how to qualify for funding;
- Receive information and share resources to help you maintain employment;
- Meet trainers and staff;
- Learn how transportation and logistics is a booming industry for women.
Job Seekers Must Be:
- At least age 21;
- Without any DUI/DWI, have a good driving record with three years of driving experience;
- Residents of Montgomery, Howard, Frederick and Prince George’s Counties;
- Able to meet screening qualifications.
This project was funded in whole, or in part by, “EARN Maryland,” a grant program of the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation.
Montgomery College is a public, open admissions community college with campuses in Germantown, Rockville, and Takoma Park/Silver Spring, plus workforce development/continuing education centers and off-site programs throughout Montgomery County, Md. The College serves nearly 60,000 students a year, through both credit and noncredit programs, in more than 130 areas of study.