Viasat3 Launched in Hungary

viasat3 Launched in hungary Viasat Broadcasting has successfully launched its latest TV channel, Viasat3, in Hungary. Viewers there now have a new, wide-ranging entertainment channel with the same concept as TV3 in the Nordic and Baltic countries. The launch took place yesterday. This was the first TV channel launch for Viasat Broadcasting outside its core geographical market. Viasat Broadcasting is one of the business areas in Modern Times Group MTG AB. Hungary is one of Europe's fastest-growing television advertising markets. At the start, Viasat3 is being offered through 70 Hungarian cable companies. Within the next couple of weeks, the channel will also be available as a terrestrial channel in the Budapest region. Popular TV3 programs like the Simpson's will be combined with locally produced content. Uplink and transmission for Viasat3 will take place via Viasat Broadcast Centre outside London. This is only one of many synergies that will be possible between TV3, ZTV, 3+, Viasat+, TV8, Viasat Sport, and TV1000, the other channels in the business area. Viasat3 was previously a local channel in Budapest called Alfta TV. With a 95% ownership, Viasat is majority owner of the new channel. Local investors in Budapest own the remaining 5%. For further information, visit www.mtg.se, send an e-mail to info@sharedvalue.net, or contact: Hans-Holger Albrecht, President of MTG, +46-8-562 000 50 Modern Times Group MTG AB has seven business areas: Modern Times Group MTG AB has seven business areas: Viasat Broadcasting (free and pay TV comprising 18 television channels in eight countries), Radio (seven networks in five countries), New Media (the Everyday interactive TV portal, Internet portal, and teletext services), Publishing (financial news and media services, other magazine and book publishing), Modern Interactive (traditional home shopping, e-commerce, and logistics), SDI Media (subtitling and dubbing services), and Modern Studios (content production and film library). Modern Times Group MTG AB's class A and B shares are listed on the OM Stockholm Exchange's O list (symbols: MTGA and MTGB) and on the Nasdaq National Market in New York (symbol: MTGNY). ------------------------------------------------------------ This information was brought to you by BIT http://www.bit.se The following files are available for download: http://www.bit.se/bitonline/2000/10/24/20001024BIT01450/bit0001.doc http://www.bit.se/bitonline/2000/10/24/20001024BIT01450/bit0002.pdf

About Us

MTG (Modern Times Group MTG AB (publ.)) (www.mtg.com) is a strategic and operational investment holding company in esports and gaming entertainment. Born in Sweden, the shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘MTGA’ and ‘MTGB’).

Subscribe