Nexam Chemical Holding AB (publ) Year-End Report 1 January – 31 December 2020
Strong finish of 2020 with best quarter so far
Fourth quarter at a glance
- Continued profitable growth, +46% compared to the corresponding quarter in 2019.
- Both Performance Chemical, + 70%, and Performance Masterbatch, + 26%, are growing compared to the corresponding quarter in 2019.
- Good order intake during the quarter, indicates a good start to 2021.
- New product series launched for the polyester fiber area.
- Settlement reached with Uponor Innovation AB regarding patent rights for applications concerning polyethylene pipes applications. The legal costs in connection with the settlement during the quarter amounted to kSEK 1,416,000 which are excluded from adjusted profit before depreciation (Adj EBITDA).
- Net sales during quarter amounted to SEK 46,693,000 (32,024,000) and for the full year SEK 165,830,000 (130,057,000).
- Adjusted profit before depreciation (Adj EBITDA) for the quarter was SEK 2,093,000 (– 2,815,000) and for the full year SEK 6,324,000 (– 5,576,000).
- In comparison to the beginning of the year, cash and cash equivalents amounted to SEK 29,791,000 (23,101,000) excluding an unused credit facility of SEK 10,000,000.
- Cash flow from the operating activities during the quarter amounted to SEK - 7,287,000 (- 8,631,000) and for the full year SEK - 17,084,000 (- 21,277,000).
- Earnings per share before and after dilution amounted to SEK - 0.05 (- 0.09) for the quarter and for the full year SEK -0,14 (-0,25).
- The Board proposes no dividend for the year 2020.
Lomma 28 January 2021
The Board of Directors
These financial statements haven´t been reviewed by the Company´s auditor.
Note: This press release has been translated from Swedish. The Swedish text shall govern for all purposes and prevail in case of any discrepancy with the English version.
For further information please contact:
Johan Arvidsson, CEO, +46-708 97 44 39, firstname.lastname@example.org
FNCA Sweden AB, +46-(0)8 528 00 399, email@example.com
This information is information that Nexam Chemical Holding AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08:00 CET on January 28, 2021.
About Nexam Chemical
Nexam Chemical develops technology and products that make it possible to significantly improve the production process and properties of most types of plastics in a cost-effective manner and with retained production technology. The improved properties include strength, toughness, temperature and chemical resistance as well as service life. The improvements in properties that can be achieved by using Nexam Chemical's technology make it possible to replace metals and other heavier or more expensive materials with plastics in a number of applications. In applications where plastic is already used, Nexam Chemicals products can improve the manufacturing process, reducing material use and enable more environmental friendly alternatives. Example of commercial applications: pipe manufacturing, foam production and high-performance plastics. More information about the business will be found on www.nexamchemical.com. The company´s Certified Adviser is FNCA Sweden AB. FNCA Sweden AB can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +46-8 528 00 399.