Iterim report quarter 1
First quarter (2018-09-01 till 2018-11-30)
- Net sales amounted to SEK 73,745 (158,354). Apart from the accrual effect, sales increased by 7 %.
- Operating result amounted to SEK -5,440,809 (-3,210,815).
- Earnings per share* amounted to SEK -0.51 (-0.38).
- Cash and bank amounted to SEK 10,437,405 (13,365,659).
- Solidity** amounted to 87 (59) %.
**Result per share: operating results divided by the average number of shares. Average number of shares for the first quarter of 2018/2019: 10,693,960 shares (8,505,425). Number of shares in NextCell as per November 30th, 11,486,456 shares
** Equity ratio: shareholders' equity of the balance sheet total.
Significant events during the first quarter 2018/2019
- NXTCL announces that the Swedish Medical Product Agency has approved the amendment for treatment of patients in the ProTrans-1 trial with high dose of ProTrans.
- NXTCL announces that a new application to conduct a clinical trial with ProTrans has been submitted to the Swedish Medical Products Agency. The purpose of the study is to evaluate repeated treatment with ProTrans, including patients with type 1 diabetes who participated in the dose escalating part of the original NXTCL trial.
- NXTCL announces an update regarding the directed share issue to Nordic Tech House AB, which in the end of the quarter is registered at the Swedish Companies Registrations Office (Bolagsverket).
- NXTCL publishes a notice to attend the Annual General Meeting. Notice with suggested resolutions is available on the Company´s website (www.nextcellpharma.com).
- NXTCL announced that the Data and Safety Monitoring Board for the clinical study with ProTrans recommends proceeding with part 2 of the stem cell study in Type 1 diabetes.
- NXTCL announces that the Cellaviva brand will expand its operations into Denmark.
- NXTCL is allocated approximately SEK 12.9 million through the redemption of series TO1 warrants issued by the Company in connection with the listing issue in spring 2017.
- NXTCL announces at Nordic Life Science Days that no side effects have been reported during treatment with ProTrans in the low or medium dose cohorts. Also, no side effects have been reported in the two (out of three) treated patients in the high dose cohort.
Significant events after the reporting period
- NXTCL strengthens the organization through the recruitment of a new CFO and through the establishment of the new role of Business Development Manager.
- NXTCL holds its Annual General Meeting. Communique with a summary of decided resolutions is available on the Company´s website (www.nextcellpharma.com)
- NXTCL announces that they have reached a significant milestone as they have initiated the second part of the ProTrans-1 clinical trial. The purpose is to evaluate clinical efficacy, e.g. whether the patient's own insulin production improves 12 months after treatment with ProTrans compared to placebo.
Stay up to date with the latest development in NextCell Pharma
For more information about NextCell Pharma AB, please contact:
Mathias Svahn, CEO
Sofia Fredrikson, CFO
Phone: 08-735 5595
About NextCell Pharma AB:
Stem cells are expected to change the way how many of today's life-threatening diseases are treated. NextCell Pharma AB develops ProTrans, a drug candidate consisting of stem cells for the primary treatment of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases as well as for use in kidney transplants. ProTrans consists of selected stem cells derived from the umbilical cord tissue with NextCell Pharma AB's proprietary method. In addition, the company has a service called Cellaviva, Sweden's first and only IVO-approved stem cell bank for the family-saving of stem cells from umbilical cord blood and umbilical cord tissue.