NextCell Pharma AB publishes its interim report for September 2019 - May 2020
NextCell Pharma AB (publ) (NXTCL) today announces that its Interim report for the period September 1, 2019 - May 31, 2020 now is available on the company’s website: https://www.nextcellpharma.com/en/investors#financial-report
Nine months (2019-09-01 until 2020-05-31)
- Operating income amounted to SEK 3 191 314 (1 273 201).
- Operating result amounted to SEK -12 803 349 (-13 477 202).
- Earnings per share* amounted to SEK -1,11 (-1,17).
- Cash and bank amounted to SEK 5 612 952 (2 249 092). In addition, after the end of the period, in June 2020, the Company received an additional SEK 25,1 million (approximately SEK 21,5 million after deduction of issue costs) as a result of a rights issue.
- Solidity** amounted to 74,5 (65,6) %.
Third quarter (2020-03-01 until 2020-05-31)
- Operating income amounted to SEK 750 512 (863 258).
- Operating result amounted to SEK -4 833 332 (-4 600 360) .
- Earnings per share* amounted to SEK -0,42 (-0,40).
*Result per share: operating results divided by the average number of shares. Average number of shares for the third quarter of 2019/2020: 19 144 092 (11 486 456) shares. Number of shares in NextCell as per May 31th, 2020: 19 144 092 shares (11 486 456).
** Equity ratio: shareholders' equity of the balance sheet total.
Significant events during the third quarter of 2019/2020
- At the end of March, NextCell announces that parallel discussions with several hospitals are ongoing regarding treatment of patients with covid-19, the severe respiratory tract infection caused by the new coronavirus, with the stem cell product ProTrans. “We would like to emphasize that this information is preliminary. There are both administrative and regulatory challenges, but the will is on the part of healthcare. We will return when and if further information is available, "says Mathias Svahn, CEO of NextCell.
- NextCell participates as a reference laboratory for the National Institute for Biological Standards and Control (NIBSC) in the development of a reference reagent for mesenchymal stem cells (MSC). British NIBSC is a world leader in characterization, standardization and control of biological drugs and has been commissioned by the World Health Organization (WHO) to conduct a study to develop a reference sample for MSC where NextCell is one of the parties.
- NextCell announces, in collaboration with RISE (Research Institutes Of Sweden) and the transport company Your Special Delivery Service (YSDS), they will participate in the CAMP-organized project "Establishing a non-dry-dependent logistics strategy for cell therapies". The project goal is to evaluate the best logistics strategy for cell-based products. For NextCell, specifically, it also means an opportunity to validate the robustness of functional assays in transport with retained quality at ProTrans, the company's proprietary stem cell treatment.
- At the end of May, NextCell publishes a notice to attend an Extraordinary General Meeting to decide on a share issue of approximately SEK 25,1 million, with preferential rights for the Company's existing shareholders. The company's largest shareholders, Diamyd Medical AB and Chairman of the Board, Anders Essen-Möller, subscribing for their pro rata shares. In total, the rights issue comprises subscription bonds of 33.64% and issue guarantees of 66.36% and is thus fully guaranteed.
Significant events after the reporting period
- At the beginning of June, the AGM decides to carry out the proposed rights issue, a prospectus is published and a subscription period begins.
- NextCell announces at the beginning of June that all patients now have left ProTrans-2, meaning the Company's Phase II study with the drug candidate ProTrans has been completed according to plan. Data will be compiled and analyzed by independent statistics to be presented during the third quarter of 2020.
- The outcome of the rights issue is published. The issue was subscribed to 373%, thus NextCell is given the full issue amount of SEK 25.1 million before issue costs. The oversubscription means that no issue guarantees have been used.
- The company announces its intention to change trading place from Spotlight Stock Market to Nastaq First North. First day of trading on First North takes place on July 22, 2020.
Stay up to date with the latest development in NextCell Pharma
For more information about NextCell Pharma AB, please contact:
Mathias Svahn, CEO
Sofia Fredrikson, CFO
Phone: 08-735 5595
About NextCell Pharma AB:
NextCell is a Phase II cell therapy company with the lead candidate ProTrans™, for the treatment of type-1 diabetes. Focus is to take ProTrans™ to market approval via a phase III study. Furthermore, NextCell operates Cellaviva, Scandinavia's largest stem cell bank for family-saving of stem cells from umbilical cord blood and umbilical cord tissue with permission from IVO.