NextCell publishes its Year-End Report
NextCell Pharma AB (publ) (NXTCL) publishes its Year-End Report for the period September 1, 2019 - August 31, 2020 The report is available on the company’s website: https://www.nextcellpharma.com/en/investors#financial-report
NextCells share is traded on Nasdaq First North Growth Market under the ticker "NXTCL". The amount in brackets refers to the corresponding period in the previous year.
Twelve months (2019-09-01 until 2020-08-31)
● Operating income amounted to SEK 4 166 123 (1 964 132).
● Operating result amounted to SEK -17 680 697 (-17 997 787).
● Earnings per share* amounted to SEK -0,89 (-1,45).
● Cash and bank amounted to SEK 21 958 336 (20 128 185)
● Solidity** amounted to 88,1 (85,9) %.
Fourth quarter (2020-06-01 until 2020-08-31)
● Operating income amounted to SEK 842 254 (551 708).
● Operating result amounted to SEK -4 877 349 (-4 720 587).
● Earnings per share* amounted to SEK -0,22 (-0,30).
Significant events during the fourth quarter of 2019/2020
● At the beginning of June, the AGM decided to proceed with a rights
issue, a prospectus was published and a subscription period began.
● NextCell announced at the beginning of June that all patients now
have left ProTrans-2, meaning the Company's Phase II study with
the drug candidate ProTrans has been completed according to plan.
Data will be compiled and analyzed by independent statisticians and
will be presented during the third quarter of 2020.
● T he outcome of the rights issue was published. The issue was
subscribed at 373%, thus NextCell was given the full issue amount of
SEK 25.1 million before issue costs. The oversubscription means that
no issue guarantees have been used.
● NextCell changed trading place from Spotlight Stock Market to
Nasdaq First North Growth Market. First day of trading on First North
took place on July 22, 2020.
● NextCell announces that it, together with three other partners, had
been awarded with a project grant from Eurostar at a total of approximately
SEK 17 million, of which NextCell will receive approximately
SEK 5 million (€ 470,000). The purpose of the project, Bioscale, is to
develop and optimize automated bioreactors for cost-effective cell
culture for drug candidates such as ProTrans™.
Significant events after the reporting period
● NextCell announced, in early September, a significant effect in the
phase II study ProTrans-2. The patients treated with one dose of
ProTrans™ did maintained a statistically significantly higher insulin
production after a 12-months period compared with patients treated
with placebo (p-value <0.05).
● NextCell announced at the end of October that the application for
a clinical drug trial of COVID-19 patients with the drug candidate
ProTrans™ has been approved by both the Ethics Committee and the
Swedish Medical Products Agency. The study will be carried out at
the University Hospital in Örebro in collaboration with the Department
of Clinical Trials and the Karolinska Trial Alliance.
Stay up to date with the latest development in NextCell Pharma
For more information about NextCell Pharma AB, please contact:
Mathias Svahn, CEO
Sofia Fredrikson, CFO
Phone: 08-735 5595
About NextCell Pharma AB
NextCell is a Phase II cell therapy company with the lead candidate ProTrans™, for the treatment of type-1 diabetes. Focus is to take ProTrans™ to market approval via a phase III study. Furthermore, NextCell operates Cellaviva, Scandinavia's largest stem cell bank for family-saving of stem cells from umbilical cord blood and umbilical cord tissue with permission from IVO.
FNCA Sweden AB is assigned as Certified Adviser, 08-528 00 399, email@example.com.