OKI Data Americas to Debut its Line of Wide-Format Printers and Ground-Breaking Professional Digital Printing Solutions at the SGIA Expo
Company Forecasts Continued Growth within the Professional Printing Arena
Mount Laurel, NJ (October 20, 2015) – OKI Data Americas announces its participation in the upcoming SGIA Expo taking place November 4-6, 2015 in Atlanta, GA. There in booth 2427, OKI Data will demonstrate its world-class color printing technology and expanding line of professional digital printing solutions, including the ColorPainter™ line of wide-format printers for the specialty printing and imaging technology market.
With the acquisition of the wide format printer business from Seiko Instruments Inc. (SII) effective October 1, 2015, OKI’s presence within the professional printing market has increased, and the company’s portfolio now includes an array of high-quality, large-format color devices.
OKI Data will demonstrate the following wide-format printing solutions at the SGIA Expo:
- Debuting at SGIA this year is the ColorPainter H3-104s grand-format printer. This new low odor, high performance eco-solvent printer is perfect for sensitive print environments and applications, and delivers unmatched speed and quality on media up to 104 inches wide. Eco-solvent SX inks offer a wide color gamut, vivid and high-density color for sharp, clear and bright signs.
- Designed for mid- to high-volume digital print shops, the ColorPainter M-64s wide-format printer provides distinct competitive advantages that equate to higher productivity and profits. This 64 inch high-speed printer features practical production speed of 356 sfph, 6- or 7-color SX eco-solvent, low-odor inks plus several new and improved technologies to increase print quality and ease of use.
- The flexible and reliable ColorPainter W-64s wide-format printer delivers rich glossy color output. Its advanced technologies and industrial printheads are designed for longevity and used to maximize productivity. This 64 inch printer is affordable, reliable, easy to use and maintain, and produces high-resolution output with consistent color density in all print modes.
In addition, OKI Data will also debut the following specialty printing devices to SGIA attendees:
- Developed to serve a variety of short-run commercial needs, the new C942 Digital Production Printer is OKI Data’s latest five-color production A3/tabloid device with white toner that allows users to print vibrant color on colored stocks quickly and in a single pass. This ground-breaking device can handle an impressive range of media types, including polyester, heavyweight stock up to 360 gsm, plus magnets and banners. The C942 offers great revenue generating opportunities, and also has strong value proposition for businesses looking to augment their in-house production capabilities. It is the fastest color-on-color printer in its class.
- For t-shirt and apparel decorators, the C831TS Digital Color Printer produces vibrant, high-quality full color graphics and text on transfer media up to 11 x 17 inches for use with a wide variety of fabric substrates. This easy to use and cost effective device features enhanced High Definition (HD) color printing and Single Pass Color™ technologies for results that would ordinarily require expensive specialty media printing processes.
OKI Data Corporation’s recent acquisition of the globally-deployed wide format printer business of SII not only underscores OKI’s commitment to the professional printer market but also affirms the company’s investment in this product segment as a major growth area.
“OKI Data Americas looks forward to participating in the SGIA Expo and exhibiting our expanding portfolio of professional printing devices, including the debut of our impressive new ColorPainter H3-104s wide-format printer,” said Masahiko Morioka, President and CEO of OKI Data Americas. “This show provides OKI Data the opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to printing innovation, and serving the specialty printing and imaging technology market – now and for many years to come.”
OKI Data products are built on parent company OKI Data Corporation’s history of leadership and innovation. Most of OKI Data's color printing solutions feature Single Pass Color as well as proprietary digital LED and HD Color technologies. These technologies allow OKI Data Americas to manufacture products that require fewer moving parts for increased reliability and outstanding color output quality.
OKI provides live toll-free technical support 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year, with agents based in North America. In addition, OKI Data live chat feature is available to customers within the US and Canada seeking online support on weekdays during normal business hours within the Eastern time zone.
 The C942 is the only 50 ppm and under device in its class based on price-point.
 Available in the U.S. and Canada. Support for wide-format printers is provided by a network of authorized distributors; support and training for authorized distributors is available during normal business hours within the Pacific time zone.
Oki Data Americas, Inc.
OKI Data Americas, headquartered in Mount Laurel, NJ, and a subsidiary of OKI Data Corporation of Japan, markets PC peripheral equipment AND customized printing solutions under the OKI brand, as well as a full line of options, accessories, and consumables. OKI Data Americas serves the graphic arts, production, and specialty printing markets with its innovative professional series of digital production printers. In addition, its Multimedia Production Platform category of production-quality color devices meets a wide range of graphic arts and commercial printing needs. OKI Data’s broad portfolio of monochrome and color single function and multifunction devices paired with a host of software solutions deliver improved office automation and workflow. Utilizing Genuine OKI toner ensures consistent, reliable, and high-quality output that maximizes performance. OKI Data offers a broad portfolio of products built to optimize managed print engagements. OKI Data Americas takes a consultative approach to supporting every customer's needs and delivering individualized printing solutions that optimize business performance. The company's innovative technology is backed by Tokyo-based parent company OKI Electric Industry, a leader in telecom, infrastructure, and mechatronics systems, as well as an approximately $4.5 billion multinational corporation according to its FY 2014 financial reporting. Keeping its customers' needs top of mind, OKI Data Americas is ISO 9001:2008 certified and offers a selection of ENERGY STAR® certified products.