CELEBRATE BRITISH SANDWICH WEEK WITH PRIMULA CHEESE
In celebration of British Sandwich Week (8-14 May), Primula Cheese has put together a selection of sandwich recipes – from classic flavour combinations to retro favourites.
When it comes to the quintessential British snack, nothing beats the classic sandwich.
Ever since the Fourth Earl of Sandwich John Montagu ordered his valet to bring him meat tucked between two pieces of bread back in the 18thCentury, we the British public have been experimenting with all manner of fantastic fillings to create our favourite flavour combinations.
In celebration of British Sandwich Week (8-14 May), Primula Cheese has put together a selection of sandwich recipes – from classic flavour combinations to retro favourites. Why not grab a loaf and your favourite flavour of Primula and give them a go!
1. The ‘Classic’
Combine Primula Cheese with Ham with slices of freshly cut tomato to create this classic flavour combination, sure to win over even the fussiest of filling pleasers. Yum!
2. The ‘Posh’
If you’re looking for something a bit special, try combining smoked salmon with Primula Light and a sprinkle of fresh cress leaves. Feeling fancy? Why not go crust-less for that perfect finishing touch, or try it in a freshly baked bagel?
3. The ‘So hot right now’
Avocado is the superfood everyone is talking about, and combined with Primula Cheese with Prawns it makes a healthy and tasty lunchtime treat. Team it with seeded or wholemeal bread for an extra-healthy kick, or why not add some baby gem lettuce leaves for extra crunch?
4. The ‘Cheese Crunch’
If you’re a fan of the classic ‘cheese crunch’ sandwich, why not try blogger Cassie Fairy’s very own version, using spring onions, grated cheddar, finely diced red pepper and Primula Cheese with Chives. Simply put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix before spreading onto slices of white buttered bread.
If the combinations above all sound a little bit too ‘grown up’, why not indulge in a little nostalgia this British Sandwich Week by recreating that playground classic – the crisp sandwich. Simply pick one of the many varieties of Primula Cheese, add your favourite flavour crisps and enjoy!
We asked the great British public* how they were incorporating Primula into their sandwiches and had some weird and wonderful responses, including:
- Primula Original Cheese with chicken and peanut butter, toasted
- Primula Original Cheese on toast with sausages and brown sauce
- Primula Original Cheese and chips for a cheesy chip butty
- Primula Cheese with Chives with sun dried tomatoes and crispy bacon pieces
- Primula Cheese with Chives and sliced grilled steak and in a tortilla wrap
- Primula Cheese with Ham spread on sliced bread then rolled up, wrapped in foil and chilled, then sliced into tasty rounds for easy canapes
- Primula Cheese with Ham and a few pineapple chunks
Now we want to hear what you’re putting in your sandwich this British Sandwich Week. Join in the flavour debate on the Primula Facebook page (Facebook.com/PrimulaCheese) and tell us what fillings are making you smile.
For more information on Primula please visit www.primula.co.uk
- ENDS -
* Responses gathered via the Primula Facebook page.
For further information, please contact:
Kelly Elliott, Courtney Stevens or Emma Campbell at O PR on 0191 232 5690 / email@example.com
- Primula is part of the Kavli Group, the world’s first manufacturer of processed cheese, established in 1893 in Norway. Olav Kavli started selling his famous Primula Cheese in the UK in 1929 and established a factory here in 1936.
- Most famous for its cheese tubes, the squeezy cheese range consists of Original Cheese, Cheese and Chive, Cheese and Ham, Cheese and Prawn and Primula Light Cheese Spread. Kavli Ltd also owns Castle MacLellan Foods Limited, brand leader for pate which is based in Kirkcudbright, Scotland and St Helens Farm, brand leader in Goats milk and associated products.
- The Kavli Group is fully owned by the Kavli Foundation, a charitable trust, which is committed to supporting good causes. Annually it donates profits to charitable causes, supporting research, humanitarian and cultural projects within the UK and worldwide.
Primula is owned by The Kavli Trust. All profits go to the charitable organisation which funds scientific, cultural and humanitarian causes both in the UK and around the world. For more information visit: www.kavli.com