Fourth Expansion Pass for Stellaris: Console Edition Hits the Campaign Trail with Federations on June 17
Stellaris celebrates its fifth anniversary with a new expansion pass and free to play weekend
STOCKHOLM - May 21, 2021 - Paradox Interactive, the game company that knows how to lobby its delegates, today announced that the fourth expansion pack for Stellaris: Console Edition will be available on June 17. The pass kicks off with Federations, an expansion focused on the galactic community and its internal politics. Federations offers players expanded diplomatic capabilities, as well as establishes a powerful galactic senate. Aspiring legislators now have the chance to showcase their political prowess on an astronomical level. In all, Federations features:
- Expanded Federations: With expanded diplomacy capabilities, players can build up the internal cohesion of their Federations and unlock powerful rewards for all members. Whether you join a Trade League, Martial Alliance, or Hegemony, membership can be extremely advantageous.
- Galactic Community: Unite the space empires with a galactic senate that can vote on a wide range of resolutions to drive legislative agendas. For example, players can pass a resolution to increase commitments to collective defense or funnel profit towards wealthy elites. Members can also sanction those who defy the community, and enact a single galactic focus. Sway the senate to position yourself as a leader, trading favors and maneuvering, doing whatever it takes to gain influence among schemers.
- Origins: Each empire has a story that shapes its path. Give your civilization deeper roots with the tanew system of Origins. By choosing an Origin, players can flesh out their empire’s background and alter its starting conditions. Whether it’s Void Dwellers who have abandoned their homeworld to live in perpetual orbit, or a society that worships and protects a powerful Tree of Life, you can lay the groundwork wisely for the seeds of your empire.
- New Constructions: Construct glorious new projects for your empire like the Juggernaut, a massive mobile starbase that provides a moveable repair base even in enemy territory, or the Mega Shipyard, a new megastructure that can churn out fleets with incredible speed. Offering both tactical advantages and a good dose of shock and/or awe, these are sure to be an asset to any space empire.
Watch the new trailer for Federations here!
The expansion pass will also include the following additions later this year:
- Ancient Relics Story Pack: Uncover the ruins of long-dead civilizations in Relic Worlds to piece together the story of their rise and eventual downfall. Excavate their derelict cities and ships to unearth the truth, discover powerful relics and harness them for your own empire’s ambitions.
- Necroids Species Pack: A brand new selection of portraits, civics, ship sets and other cosmetics for players who don’t fear the afterlife or the dark side of the galaxy. Necroids are an intelligent species who believe that death is not the end, but rather the beginning of their journey.
This expansion pass comes at a major point in time for the Stellaris franchise: its fifth anniversary! To celebrate, Paradox Interactive will be offering a free weekend of play for PC players from May 20-24. Additionally, Stellaris and all expansions will be discounted by up to 75% during a special Publishers weekend from May 20-24 on Steam! Paradox recently announced that over 4 million gamers have played Stellaris over the past 5 years - it’s your turn to join them!
Take a look at a special fifth anniversary trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOT43QRFmLU
On the console side, Paradox has optimized Stellaris: Console Edition for next generation Xbox Series X/S consoles while still playing great on Playstation 5. Essentially, no matter where or how you play, there’s never been a better time to immerse yourself in the Stellaris universe.
For more information about Stellaris, visit http://www.stellaris.com/
For additional information, please contact:
Ebba Ljungerud, CEO Paradox Interactive
Alexander Bricca, CFO Paradox Interactive
Phone: +4670-355 54 18
About Paradox Interactive
The Paradox group today consists of both publishing and internal development of games and brands. The game portfolio includes more than 100 titles and Paradox owns the most important brands, including Stellaris, Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Magicka, Age of Wonders and the World of Darkness catalogue of brands. From the start 2004, the company has published its games all over the world, initially through physical distribution but since 2006 primarily in digital channels. Paradox games are developed primarily for PC and console platforms, but the company also releases games on mobile. The largest markets today include the US, UK, China, Germany, France, Russia and Scandinavia. Today, over five million gamers play a Paradox game each month and the number of registered Paradox users exceeds 18 million.
Paradox Interactive AB (publ)’s shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm First North Premier under ticker PDX. Certified Advisor: FNCA Sweden AB, email@example.com, +46-8-528 00 399. For more information, please visit www.paradoxinteractive.com.