Major Hearts of Iron IV Expansion Released
No Step Back Focuses on the Struggle for Eastern Europe
23 November - STOCKHOLM - The long awaited Eastern Front expansion for Hearts of Iron IV is now available. Paradox Interactive’s best selling grand strategy wargame revamps the deadly struggle for the lands between Berlin and Moscow with new alternate history paths for many nations, major changes to army management and updates to supply and unit design. You can buy the No Step Back expansion at major online retailers and the Paradox Store for the suggested retail price of $19.99/￡15.49 / € 19.99.
The centerpiece of the expansion is the massive National Focus tree for the Soviet Union, offering a wide range of new options, from reinstalling the Romanovs to embracing a more open democratic regime, as well as the option to keep the strong hand of the Communist Party in control of a nation fighting for its life.
The features for Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back include:
- New Soviet National Focuses: Communist Soviet rulers must also deal with a government system full of distrust and betrayal but players can lift up party opposition to the powerful leader, or even pursue a reactionary path of restored monarchy.
- New Polish National Focuses: Write a new history of Poland, with options to reform the government, entrench the military rulers, or strike a deal with the devil, becoming subservient to a powerful neighbor - waiting for the right time to strike.
- New Baltic National Focuses: Shared alternate history paths for Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, as well as unique paths for each.
- Army Officer Corps: Build a general staff, drawing on the talents and expertise of available officers to take advantage of changes in technology and tactics.
- Army Spirits: Emphasize certain characteristics of your military arms, adding general bonuses to certain units types or even aiding division design.
- Supply System Updates: Scorched Earth tactics, floating harbors and special supply units added to the logistics system.
- Tank Designer: Design your own armored force using modules prioritizing speed, gun power, armor or even production cost.
- Railway Guns: Commission the grandest, most prestigious of artillery pieces, uniquely designed to deal with entrenched foes, and fortified positions.
Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back is accompanied by a major free update for all Hearts of Iron IV players, including new supply and logistics systems as well as many quality of life changes.
For additional information, please contact:
Fredrik Wester, CEO Paradox Interactive
Alexander Bricca, CFO Paradox Interactive
Phone: +4670-355 54 18
About Paradox Interactive
The Paradox group today consists of both publishing and internal development of games and brands. The game portfolio includes more than 100 titles and Paradox owns the most important brands, including Stellaris, Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Magicka, Age of Wonders and the World of Darkness catalogue of brands. From the start 2004, the company has published its games all over the world, initially through physical distribution but since 2006 primarily in digital channels. Paradox games are developed primarily for PC and console platforms, but the company also releases games on mobile. The largest markets today include the US, UK, China, Germany, France, Russia and Scandinavia. Today, over five million gamers play a Paradox game each month and the number of registered Paradox users exceeds 20 million.
Paradox Interactive AB (publ)’s shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm First North Premier under ticker PDX. Certified Advisor: FNCA Sweden AB, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46-8-528 00 399. For more information, please visit www.paradoxinteractive.com.