New Europa Universalis IV Expansion Tapped for April
Leviathan Add-On Introduces New Diplomatic and Development Options
STOCKHOLM - 30 March 2021 - Not everything has to be brute force. Armies are necessary, of course, but there are other ways to succeed. Build a force of diplomats, for example, and use your flattery as a weapon against others. Or draw wealth and power from the remote regions of your realm to construct a metropolis to be the engine of your economy. You can try many new routes to global power in Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan, coming next month.
Leviathan is the newest expansion to Paradox’s grand strategy classic about the early modern world. The first release from the Barcelona-based Paradox Tinto, Leviathan adds new options for diplomatic and economic play, and will be available to Europa Universalis players on 27 April 2021.
One of the highlights of Leviathan is the ability to use diplomatic Favors to gain benefits from other nations. If you post a diplomat to curry favor in a foreign nation, you will slowly build up enough diplomatic power to request material aid, changes in alliances and even the return of core provinces.
See a new trailer here: https://youtu.be/ND3hVeM81XE
Other features of Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan include:
- New Regency Options: Regency councils represent the interests of the most powerful estate, and can be extended to delay the ascension of an unfit monarch.
- Specialized Colonial Nations: Let your colonies focus on military help, trade power or self-government.
- Concentrate Development: You can now steal development from your vassals or territorial possessions to enhance the power of your capital city.
- Pillage Capital: Loot an enemy capital as a condition of peace, hauling development back to the capital metropolis.
- Expand Infrastructure: Provinces can expand their capacity to build new structures and manufactories, allowing smaller nations to create centers of wealth for a modest cost.
- Centralize State: Reduce the cost of government by spending unused Reform points.
- Totemism: Nations that follow the Totemist religion can revere a pantheon of past leaders, earning bonuses that reflect the skills they had in life.
- Monuments: Expand and establish great projects, adding new bonuses to your empire.
- New Unit Models: New army sprites for Southeast Asian nations, including Indochinese, Indonesian and Polynesian nations.
- And more: Including the ability to carpet siege enemy provinces, draft transports as a plutocratic nation, watch heirs gain legitimacy as they wait to inherit the throne and other changes.
Europa Universalis IV: Leviathan will be available on 27 April 2021 at the Paradox Store and major online retailers for the suggested retail price of $19.99/£15.40/€19.99.
For additional information, please contact:
Ebba Ljungerud, CEO Paradox Interactive
Alexander Bricca, CFO Paradox Interactive
Phone: +4670-355 54 18
About Paradox Interactive
The Paradox group today consists of both publishing and internal development of games and brands. The game portfolio includes more than 100 titles and Paradox owns the most important brands, including Stellaris, Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Magicka, Age of Wonders and the World of Darkness catalogue of brands. From the start 2004, the company has published its games all over the world, initially through physical distribution but since 2006 primarily in digital channels. Paradox games are developed primarily for PC and console platforms, but the company also releases games on mobile. The largest markets today include the US, UK, China, Germany, France, Russia and Scandinavia. Today, over five million gamers play a Paradox game each month and the number of registered Paradox users exceeds 18 million.
Paradox Interactive AB (publ)’s shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm First North Premier under ticker PDX. Certified Advisor: FNCA Sweden AB, email@example.com, +46-8-528 00 399. For more information, please visit www.paradoxinteractive.com.