Paradox Interactive Bringing Pillars of Eternity and Cities: Skylines to PS4 and Xbox One
Best-Selling, Award-Winning Games Launching on Consoles This August
STOCKHOLM — June 21, 2017 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher of best-selling games across many genres and platforms, today announced that Pillars of Eternity, the critically acclaimed role-playing game (RPG) from Obsidian Entertainment, and Cities: Skylines, the smash-hit city-building game from Colossal Order, will both be released for new console platforms later this year. Both award-winning titles have been redesigned for console players with controller-friendly gameplay and UI, and will be available in August for their respective platforms.
Pillars of Eternity, originally the result of a crowdfunding campaign by over 75,000 backers, first released for PC platforms to broad critical acclaim, winning several awards for its rich story and deep, original world. Now, the original game, alongside the expansions The White March – Parts I & II, will be released as Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition for the PlayStation®4 and Xbox One consoles on August 29, 2017.
Cities: Skylines, the best-selling management game that set sales records at Paradox at launch, will soon be available for the PS4 as Cities: Skylines - PlayStation®4 Edition. The deep gameplay and unique charm have all been refined and optimized for play on a controller, and the new Edition will include the award-winning base game, bundled together with the popular After Dark expansion, allowing players to plan and design for their cities’ nightlife and tourist attractions. Cities: Skylines - PlayStation®4 Edition will launch on August 15, 2017.
“Paradox is renewing its commitment to fans everywhere, no matter where and how they play games,” said Johan Sjöberg, CPO of Paradox Interactive. “Experiences like the ones contained in Pillars of Eternity and Cities: Skylines are the kind that define Paradox as a company: rich, replayable, and very personal. No two players will have the same journey through the story of Pillars, and every city built in Skylines is a unique creation. Everybody should have access to these iconic games, and that’s why we’re working with partners to share them with players on their platforms of choice. It’s the same philosophy that’s driven us to bring titles like these and Surviving Mars to consoles, and games like Prison Architect to mobile devices.”
Pillars of Eternity is an RPG inspired by classic titles such as Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment, which features an original world and game system that evokes and improves upon the traditional computer RPG experience. The Complete Edition, adapted for consoles by Paradox Arctic and distributed at physical retail by 505 Games, features an enhanced UI and redesigned controls to provide a superb experience on the big screen, navigated easily and intuitively using game controllers.
Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition features:
- Award-winning writing, story and artwork of Pillars of Eternity, along with the expanded world and content of The White March: Parts I & II
- Countless character creation options, from races and classes to character backgrounds which drive your personal story
- An epic universe to explore, filled with intriguing party members and companions, a variety of in-game factions, and a lovingly rendered world to traverse
- New UI and controls designed from the ground up, presenting the Pillars of Eternity experience like never before
Cities: Skylines is a modern take on the classic city simulation. The game introduces new mechanics to realize the thrill and hardships of creating and maintaining a real city, and allows for high levels of customization and personalization. The PlayStation®4 Edition has been adapted for console play by Tantalus Media and will be distributed worldwide at physical retail by Koch Media.
Cities: Skylines – PlayStation®4 Edition features:
- Build the city of your dreams: Plan road networks, bus lines and parks. Bring education, healthcare and safety to your citizens. Build it your way!
- Extensive local traffic simulation: Managing traffic and the needs of your citizens to work and play will require the use of several interactive transport systems – use careful road planning alongside buses, trains, subways, and much more.
- Districts and policies: Ban heavy traffic in your downtown area, assign free public transport to your waterfront, or ban pets in suburbia. Designate parts of your city as a district in order to set policy at the local level, and give different parts of town their own personalities.
- After Dark included: Watch your city become an entirely different place at night: a day-night cycle will have your citizens seeking out places to unwind after work. Add in new policies and zones to create popular hotspots and provide enough taxis and trains to get to and from the clubs!
For more information, please visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/.
For additional information, please contact:
Fredrik Wester, CEO Paradox Interactive
Andras Vajlok, CFO Paradox Interactive
Phone: +4670-355 54 89
This information is information that Paradox Interactive AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication on April 6, 2017.
About Paradox Interactive
The Paradox Interactive group includes publishing and internal development of games and licensing of White Wolf’s brands. The publishing operation publishes both internally developed titles and titles developed by independent studios as well as music and books. The game portfolio includes more than 90 titles and Paradox Interactive owns the most important brands, including Stellaris, Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings, Cities: Skylines, Tyranny and Magicka. From the start over ten years ago, the company has published its games all over the world, initially through physical distribution using partners, but beginning in 2006 has primarily distributed digitally using its own publishing arm. The development platform is primarily PC, but the company has released games on console and mobile platforms as well. The largest markets today include the US, UK, Germany, France, Russia and Scandinavia. Today, close to 1.5 million gamers play a Paradox game each month and the number of Paradox registered users exceeds six million.
Paradox Interactive AB (publ)’s shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm First North Premier under ticker PDX. Avanza Bank is the company’s Certified Adviser. For more information, please visit www.paradoxinteractive.com.