Politics and Culture Changes Highlight New Update to Imperator: Rome
1.5 update launches alongside new content pack
STOCKHOLM - 11 August 2020 - Paradox Development Studios has issued an update to Imperator: Rome, its grand strategy game about the classical world after the death of Alexander. This update is available now.
Among other things, the new “Menander” update adds greater depth to cultural management in the game, cognizant of the fact that empires would often make concessions to conquered peoples in order to more easily accommodate them to new rulers. Build an empire of many cultures, creating unity out of difference.
See the trailer here: https://youtu.be/imBf6uogATs
Features of the free 1.5 “Menander” update include:
- Cultural Integration: Extend political rights, including citizenship, to large subject minorities, increasing their loyalty and productivity.
- Reworked Rebellions: Rebels are now more likely to grow in strength among same culture provinces, as rebels take land, demonstrating the viability of their cause.
- Noble Population: The upper classes in your provinces have specific needs and are more likely to to lead rebellions.
- Reworked Politics: Republics have fewer political parties to track, and their voting preferences are more easily understood.
This pack, focused on the career of the celebrated warrior king, Pyrrhus, includes:
Unique Army Model for Epirus
- Unique Ship Model for Epirus
- Special Epirote Monument: the Oracle complex of Dodona
- 6 Event Chains related to the life of Pyrrhus of Epirus each with new art
- 3 Additional Epirus Event chains, new to Imperator: Rome (freely available to all who pre-ordered Imperator: Rome)
- One new music track
The Epirus content pack is available now from Steam and the Paradox store for a suggested retail price of $3.99/£2.89/€3.99.
For additional information, please contact:
Ebba Ljungerud, CEO Paradox Interactive
Alexander Bricca, CFO Paradox Interactive
Phone: +4670-355 54 18
About Paradox Interactive
The Paradox group today consists of both publishing and internal development of games and brands. The game portfolio includes more than 100 titles and Paradox owns the most important brands, including Stellaris, Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Magicka, Age of Wonders and the World of Darkness catalogue of brands. From the start 2004, the company has published its games all over the world, initially through physical distribution but since 2006 primarily in digital channels. Paradox games are developed primarily for PC and console platforms, but the company also releases games on mobile. The largest markets today include the US, UK, China, Germany, France, Russia and Scandinavia. Today, over four million gamers play a Paradox game each month and the number of registered Paradox users exceeds fourteen million.
Paradox Interactive AB (publ)’s shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm First North Premier under ticker PDX. Certified Advisor: FNCA Sweden AB, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46-8-528 00 399. For more information, please visit www.paradoxinteractive.com.