Shape A Grand Tomorrow In Victoria 3
Paradox Reveals Grand Strategy Sequel at PDXCON Remixed
STOCKHOLM - 21 May 2021 - The railroad and the telegraph. Steamships and the birth of flight. Mass conscription, emancipation and the campaign for women’s rights. The Victorian Age saw a world transformed by new technology, new philosophies and new ways of doing politics. This tumultuous century springs to new life in Victoria 3, a grand strategy game from Paradox Development Studio.
After years of community requests and curiosity about the future of one of the company’s iconic games, Victoria 3 is instantly one of the most highly anticipated grand strategy games in Paradox’s history. Victoria 3 is a society simulator set in a time of great change. Track the needs and desires of national populations, each group with its own political and material preferences. Conservative factions may resist political reform as growing numbers of tradespeople and intellectuals push for a greater say in how the nation is run. Trade a wide range of goods on a global scale to make sure that needs are met at home, because if people are hungry and disenfranchised, revolution beckons.
See the trailer here: https://youtu.be/siZXs4d5Gqg
Victoria 3 will feature:
- Deep Societal Simulation: Cultural, economic and ideological divisions compete for power and resources in one of Paradox’s most detailed historical worlds.
- Tend Your National Garden: Nurture your population, educating it and preparing it for the future, guaranteeing their prosperity and improving their happiness.
- Wonders of the Industrial Age: Scientific and social progress give you the chance to improve the lives of your citizens.
- Sophisticated Economic System: Import goods to keep costs low, export goods to enrich your citizens, and then tax that wealth to advance your plans.
- Challenging Diplomacy: Maintain harmonious relations with your neighbors or provoke a crisis to grab valuable resources or force open new markets.
- Political Dealmaking: Manage competing interests in your government, opening up new reforms but risking revolution if key voices are not heard.
- Detailed and Living World: Cities grow and factories darken the landscape on a beautifully drawn map of the 19th century globe. Play any of dozens of world nations from 1836 and try to claim your place in the sun.
Victoria 3 will be available on Steam, Microsoft Game Pass and the Paradox Store.
For additional information, please contact:
Ebba Ljungerud, CEO Paradox Interactive
Alexander Bricca, CFO Paradox Interactive
Phone: +4670-355 54 18
About Paradox Interactive
The Paradox group today consists of both publishing and internal development of games and brands. The game portfolio includes more than 100 titles and Paradox owns the most important brands, including Stellaris, Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Crusader Kings, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Magicka, Age of Wonders and the World of Darkness catalogue of brands. From the start 2004, the company has published its games all over the world, initially through physical distribution but since 2006 primarily in digital channels. Paradox games are developed primarily for PC and console platforms, but the company also releases games on mobile. The largest markets today include the US, UK, China, Germany, France, Russia and Scandinavia. Today, over five million gamers play a Paradox game each month and the number of registered Paradox users exceeds 18 million.
Paradox Interactive AB (publ)’s shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm First North Premier under ticker PDX. Certified Advisor: FNCA Sweden AB, firstname.lastname@example.org, +46-8-528 00 399. For more information, please visit www.paradoxinteractive.com.