The EPO: Paying tribute to 15 outstanding inventors - European Inventor Award 2018 finalists announced
- The European Patent Office (EPO) announces the inventors and inventor teams short-listed for its prestigious annual innovation prize
- Their inventions cover a wide range of fields including biotechnology, microchip lithography, automotive, toys and games, medical imaging, renewable energy, materials sciences, lasers and electronics
- Award winners selected by international jury will be announced on 7 June at ceremony in Paris, Saint-Germain-en-Laye
- General public to choose the winner of the Popular Prize via online voting
- EPO President Battistelli: "This year's finalists demonstrate that Europe continues to be a world leader in innovation. The creativity and ingenuity of these outstanding women and men helps to improve our daily lives and strengthens the competitiveness of the European economy."
Read more on the EPO website: http://www.epo.org/news-issues/press/releases/archive/2018/20180424o.html