Global top ranking for Swedish fintech Payair – in the forefront of mobile payment solutions
Stockholm-based Payair is the next fintech company to join the ranks of Swedish tech wonders. When Mastercard recently released its international list of vendors with solutions for digitized card portfolios, Payair was ranked highest of all companies.
Payair is the only company to qualify for the list’s platinum level. This means that Payair is the global vendor that has supplied and operates the most well-tested and quality-assured products to Mastercard and their customers.
– The fact that Payair ranks as Mastercard's only platinum vendor in the world is a huge quality stamp on our work. It shows that we understand the entire process – from card issuer to consumer – and it is an acknowledgment that we have the required experience and skills to deliver certified solutions for large financial institutions, says Sören Babra, CEO and founder of Payair.
Since the start in 2009, Payair has become a specialist in mobile payment solutions, e-commerce systems and digital wallets. The company has partnered with many of the largest card issuers in the Nordics and global giants like Mastercard and Visa. With its mobile card portfolio developed in collaboration with Mastercard, Payair is now taking the lead in the development of the digital payment industry.
Integrated with Mastercard's global digital platform MasterPass, Payair's digital wallet makes it possible to pay directly with a smartphone online and in physical stores. The touch of a button or a scan activates the application that authenticates the user before completing the purchase by credit or debit card from Mastercard or Visa.
– Together with Payair we have developed a digital card portfolio that not only meets the required security rules and functional requirements, but also makes it possible for our customers to tailor the design according to their graphic profiles and specific functions. These are the details that improve the payment experience, says Mats Taraldsson, Digital Business Development Manager for Mastercard in the Nordics and the Baltics.
Targeting new markets
Since the partnership with Mastercard was initiated just over a year ago, Payair has partnered with many of the major card issuers in the Nordic market. With an industry-leading platform for mobile commerce and payment solutions for financial institutions and a recent top ranking from Mastercard, Payair is now targeting new markets globally.
– We currently have agreements with Mastercard and many of the largest banks in the Nordics. The interest in our solutions is growing at a record pace, which shows that Payair's delivery performance and stability is appreciated by the market. The innovative ability to find new digital payment solutions that are both flexible and fun to use is becoming more and more important for the industry of mobile and digital payment solutions, says Sören Babra.
Payair is the leading player in mobile commerce and offers an industry-leading platform for mobile commerce and payment solutions for financial institutions. With extensive experience in the development of mobile payment solutions for some of the world's largest banks and financial institutions, Payair is an expert in the development and hosting of digital wallets that make it possible to quickly, easily, and safely pay directly with your smartphone in less than ten seconds online and in physical stores.
- Payair was the first company in Europe to develop a digital wallet that converges all bankcards on your smartphone.
- Payair was the first certified vendor of Mastercard's MasterPass API wallet in the Nordics.
- Payair has been appointed as Mastercard's highest-rated vendor.
Payair is a privately-owned Swedish company with international franchise agreements in most markets worldwide. www.payair.com
About Mastercard Digital Vendor Directory
Mastercard Digital Vendor Directory is Mastercard's list of digital vendors who have developed solutions to help the company's customers to digitize their card portfolios and distribute their personal MasterPass-activated digital wallets and facilitate a direct link between seller and digital platforms at Mastercard. The list ranks the vendors based on the quality of the services, security, and how well-tested they are. In this year's rating, Payair was ranked highest of all companies on the list.
About MasterPass from Mastercard
MasterPass is Mastercard's digital wallet that facilitates efficient and secure payment when shopping online and in stores. In the MasterPass interface which was developed in collaboration with Payair, each card issuers can customize their digital wallet in accordance with the brand's graphic profile through tailor-made design and functional specifications. By combining MasterPass and HCE, the customer receives a digitized wallet that simplifies payments both online and in stores. The basic solution contains
- identification by BankID or other methods,
- hosting of cards and accounts in a level 1 PCI DSS certified environment,
- MasterPass admin tool with the ability to configure the wallet, analyze customer data, FAQ, and statistics,
- possibility to create one's own operational rules, tailor-made design, and functionality in the MasterPass interface.
For more information, please contact:
CEO and founder Payair
Telephone: +46 73-854 99 99
Telephone: +46 70-721 70 26