Photocure ASA: Results fourth quarter and full year 2012
Oslo, Norway, 28 February 2013: Photocure (OSE: PHO), a Norwegian specialty pharmaceutical company focused on photodynamic technologies in dermatology and cancer, today announces its results for the fourth quarter and full year 2012.
(Numbers in brackets are for the corresponding period in 2011)
- Positive initial results of the phase 2b study for Cevira®, in development for the treatment of human papilloma virus (HPV) associated diseases of the cervix. Cevira demonstrated a statistically significant lesions response and HPV clearance in CIN2 patients.
- Total revenues increased 12% to NOK 47.3 million (NOK 42.4 million) in 4Q 2012 driven by milestone revenues and sales of Hexvix®/Cysview®. Total revenues for the full year increased 17% to NOK 133.8 million (NOK 114.1 million).
- Sales revenues increased 4% to NOK 19.7 million (NOK 18.9 million) in 4Q 2012. Sales revenues for the full year increased 7% totaling NOK 75.1 million (NOK 70.0 million).
- Sales revenues from Photocure's own sales of Hexvix/Cysview increased 37% to NOK 9.7 million (NOK 7.1 million) in 4Q 2012. Sales revenues from own sales increased 23% to NOK 24.0 million for the full year.
- Financial performance improved with operating results of NOK 2.5 million (NOK -1.8 million) in 4Q 2012. There was a net loss of NOK 30.1 million (NOK 19.3 million) for the full year which reflects increased expenditure in building Photocure's commercial infrastructure in the US.
- Cash and cash equivalents of NOK 302.8 million on 31 December 2012. Positive cash flow in fourth quarter driven by contractual payments from Galderma and Salix.
- With our current financial position and the prospects of securing future partnerships for our pipeline products, the Board proposes to distribute NOK 2.00 per share back to the shareholders in the form of dividend.
|Figures in NOK million||4Q 2012||4Q 2011||Change||FY 2012||FY 2011||Change|
|Sales revenues||19.7||18.9||4 %||75.1||70.0||7 %|
|Signing fee & milestone revenues||27.6||23.5||18 %||58.7||44.1||33 %|
|Total revenues||47.3||42.4||12 %||133.8||114.1||17 %|
|Gross profit||45.6||39.8||15 %||124.4||103.2||21 %|
|Research and development expenses||13.3||20.9||-36 %||50.1||64.1||-22 %|
|Sales and marketing expenses||18.7||10.9||71 %||70.2||30.6||130 %|
|Operating result (EBIT)||2.5||-1.8||-39.2||-30.6|
|Net profit/loss continued operations||5.7||40.3||-30.1||19.3|
|Earnings per share, diluted (NOK)||0.07||1.56||-2.24||-0.35|
President & CEO Kjetil Hestdal, M.D. Ph.D. comments:
"2012 was an important year for Photocure as we delivered on significant milestones towards our goal of becoming a specialty pharma company. We successfully launched Cysview in the US, continued with strong growth of Hexvix in the Nordic region and our strategic partner, Ipsen, became fully operational across the major European markets. We continued to advance our pipeline and reported positive results of the phase 2b trials for both Cevira and Visonac and achieved a payment from Salix, our strategic partner for Lumacan. We are well positioned to drive sales of Hexvix/Cysview and to maximize the value of our pipeline"
Please find the full financial report and presentation enclosed.
Photocure ASA will present its fourth quarter and full year 2012 report today at Shippingklubben, Haakon VIIs gate 1 (top floor), Oslo, Norway. The presentation will begin at 08.00 (CET) and representatives from the company will be Kjetil Hestdal, President & CEO and Erik Dahl, CFO.
Photocure will additionally host an audio webcast and conference call today in English at 16.00 CET / 15.00 GMT / 10.00 EST.
Please make sure to dial in 10 minutes prior to scheduled conference call start time on one of the following numbers:
Confirmation code: 3694370
· NORWAY: +472350 0486
· UK: +44(0)20 7136 2051
· USA: +1212 444 0895
It is possible to listen to a replay of the conference call on the following numbers:
Confirmation code: 3694370
· NORWAY +47 2100 0498
· SWEDEN +46 (0)8 5051 3897
· DENMARK +45 32 71 09 13
· UK +44 (0)20 3427 0598
· USA +1 347 366 9565
For further information, please contact:
President & CEO Kjetil Hestdal
Tel: + 47 913 19 535, Email: email@example.com
CFO Erik Dahl
Tel: +47 450 55 000, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Clark, Amber Bielecka, Hollie Vile
Tel: +44 207920 2361, Email: email@example.com
Photocure, headquartered in Oslo Norway, is a specialty pharmaceutical company and world leader in photodynamic technology. Based on our unique proprietary Photocure Technology(TM) platform, Photocure develops and commercializes highly selective and effective solutions within disease areas with high unmet medical need, such as bladder cancer, HPV and precancerous cervical lesions, colorectal cancer and skin conditions. Our aim is to provide solutions which can improve health outcomes for patients worldwide. Photocure is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange (OSE: PHO). Information about Photocure is available at www.photocure.com.
All trademarks mentioned in this release are protected by law and registered trademarks of Photocure ASA.