bpi.recycled products named SOCIUS Janitorial Supplier of the Year
bpi.recycled products, which ranks as Europe’s largest manufacturer of refuse and recycling sacks, has been named as SOCIUS Janitorial Supplier of the Year for 2012. The accolade was presented as part of the SOCIUS Network’s annual Supplier Awards at a special 5thanniversary event held at the Guinness Storehouse, Dublin, on 10thApril, 2013.
The decision by the SOCIUS Network, which represents independent distributors of non-food products to the catering sector, is believed to be a direct result of a combination of factors. In particular, this includes bpi.recycled products’ extensive, high quality product portfolio - which consists of a wide range of waste management solutions including healthcare products - as well as its strong environmental credentials.
In addition, the SOCIUS Network was particularly impressed by bpi.recycled products’ commitment to offering the highest levels of service and support. As well as drawing on its position as a UK-based manufacturer to offer shorter lead times, increased stock holding and a continuity of supply and quality, bpi.recycled products has also been working closely with the SOCIUS Network on new business development.
Another important factor in the decision is understood to have been bpi.recycled products’ ability to offer SOCIUS members access to tailored waste management solutions specifically developed to meet particular commercial requirements.
Commenting, Kim Jones, Sales Director at bpi.recycled products, said: “As a business, bpi.recycled products is fully committed to offering our customers solutions that are individually tailored to their specific needs. This includes offering not only high performance products but also innovative service initiatives. We’re delighted to have been named as the SOCIUS Janitorial Supplier of the Year and it should be seen as a real testament both to this commitment and to the hard work of the entire bpi.recycled products’ team.”
- ENDS -
bpi rp SOCIUS Awards.jpg; Pictured (L to R): Darren Marshal, Sales Director, Nobisco, Kim Jones, Sales Director and Lorcan Mekitarian, Commercial Director from bpi.recycled products
SOCIUS Anniversary event.jpg; Pictured: Kim Jones, Sales Director, bpi.recycled products
Caption: A leading supplier. Leading manufacturer of refuse and recycling sacks, bpi.recycled products celebrates its success at the SOCIUS annual supplier awards.
- bpi.recycled products is the largest recycler of used polythene in Europe recycling over 68,000 tonnes of post-use polythene material from horticultural, commercial, retail, industrial and agricultural markets.
- bpi.recycled products uses some of these materials to manufacture its award winning Plaswood range of sustainable wood-substitute products. These products include park and garden furniture, street and countryside signs, bollards and marine decking.
- The environmental benefits of recycling plastic are becoming more widely recognised: maximising reusable material, diverting waste from landfill and conserving resources. bpi.recycled products has developed the necessary expertise and the infrastructure in the form of a network of Environment Agency accredited recycling plants to help drive these benefits forward.
- bpi.recycled products is a division of BPI (British Polythene Industries) plc, one of Europe’s largest manufacturers of polythene films, bags and sacks.
- As a result of its commitment to operating in a sustainable way and to minimising the environmental impact of all of its activities, BPI won the Best Green Large Company category at the 2010 Scottish Green Awards.