Nationwide Hygiene Supplies chooses bpi.recycled products
bpi.recycled products, which ranks as Europe’s largest manufacturer of refuse and recycling sacks, has been named as a preferred supplier to Nationwide Hygiene Supplies.
The decision by the leading supplier of cleaning, hygiene, safety and catering products to appoint bpi.recycled products is believed to be a direct result of its comprehensive product range, its strong environmental credentials and a long-standing trading relationship.
In addition, bpi.recycled products demonstrated its ability to tailor its range to comply with the needs of individual customers. For Nationwide, the manufacturer developed a range of bespoke printed cartons produced specifically to meet their particular commercial requirements.
It is understood that Nationwide was also impressed by the position that bpi.recycled products holds as a leading UK-based manufacturer. As well as ensuring a continuity of supply, this also offers additional green benefits in the form of reduced product miles and a lower carbon footprint.
Under the new agreement, bpi.recycled products will be supplying the business with a complete range of waste management solutions including its Green Sack® ultra-low carbon footprint, 100% recycled refuse sacks. As well as janitorial products, the manufacturer will also be supplying Nationwide with a number of specialist healthcare solutions.
Speaking of the decision, Sarah Morrell, Purchasing Manager at Nationwide Hygiene Supplies said: “As part of the tender process, we were looking to appoint a preferred supplier that is able to deliver standards of excellence across the board. bpi.recycled products answered that brief admirably. We’re confident that their experience, expert knowledge and considerable infrastructure will enable them to deliver on our expectations.”
Kim Jones, Sales Director at bpi.recycled products, added: “As a business, bpi.recycled products is committed to offering cost effective, high quality products that offer the highest levels of performance, every time. The recent partnership with Nationwide is a testament to this commitment and we’re delighted to have the opportunity to work alongside the business and its partners moving forward.”
- ENDS -
Image & Caption: Green Sack Shopping Centre.jpg; A trusted supplier. Leading manufacturer of refuse and recycling sacks, bpi.recycled products has been named as a preferred supplier to Nationwide Hygiene Supplies.
- bpi.recycled products is the largest recycler of used polythene in Europe recycling over 68,000 tonnes of post-use polythene material from horticultural, commercial, retail, industrial and agricultural markets.
- bpi.recycled products uses some of these materials to manufacture its award winning Plaswood range of sustainable wood-substitute products. These products include park and garden furniture, street and countryside signs, bollards and marine decking.
- The environmental benefits of recycling plastic are becoming more widely recognised: maximising reusable material, diverting waste from landfill and conserving resources. bpi.recycled products has developed the necessary expertise and the infrastructure in the form of a network of Environment Agency accredited recycling plants to help drive these benefits forward.
- bpi.recycled products is a division of BPI (British Polythene Industries) plc, one of Europe’s largest manufacturers of polythene films, bags and sacks.
- As a result of its commitment to operating in a sustainable way and to minimising the environmental impact of all of its activities, BPI won the Best Green Large Company category at the 2010 Scottish Green Awards.